Based on her eponymous best-selling book, Martha gives home cooks a culinary master class. Each episode will feature demonstrations of classic dish preparations and expert cooking techniques.
Martha provides an overview of the most popular grains, including quinoa and bulgur wheat, and teaches different cooking methods.
- KET2 Tuesday, June 18 at 11:30 am EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 11:30 am EDT
Martha demonstrates two of the oldest preserving techniques, confit and salting, and puts them to use in the home kitchen.
- KET2 Tuesday, June 25 at 11:30 am EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:30 am EDT
Martha explores the many varieties of legumes and how to cook them using three different methods: stovetop, oven, and pressure cooker.
- KET2 Tuesday, July 2 at 11:30 am EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 11:30 am EDT
Martha explains which varieties of shrimp to buy and how to store them, plus whether to cook them with or without the shell and how to devein them.
- KET2 Tuesday, July 9 at 11:30 am EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 11:30 am EDT
Perfect Roast #201
Martha shares roasting techniques for a rib roast, crown roast of pork, and stuffed turkey breast.
- KET2 Tuesday, July 16 at 11:30 am EDT
Martha shares recipes for beef stew, veal stew, and coq au vin, a famously rich bistro favorite.
- KET2 Tuesday, July 23 at 11:30 am EDT
Martha makes a nourishing chicken soup, minestrone, and veloute for a creamy spinach soup.
- KET2 Tuesday, July 30 at 11:30 am EDT
Martha shows the simple methods of blanching, steaming, and roasting to prepare perfect vegetables.
- KET2 Tuesday, August 6 at 11:30 am EDT
Martha and chef and restaurateur Michael White explore the art of making fresh pasta from scratch.
- KET2 Tuesday, August 13 at 11:30 am EDT
Pasta Sauces #206
Martha creates homemade pasta sauces including traditional Bolognese, a quick-and-easy puttanesca, a rich carbonara, and a light sauce made with bottarga.
- KET2 Tuesday, August 20 at 11:30 am EDT
Martha shows how to prepare eggs properly every time, with easy-to-master techniques and tips.
- KET Saturday, August 24 at 3:30 pm EDT
Fish Monger #207
Seafood chef Dave Pasternack provides a beginner's class on buying, butchering, and storing fish.
- KET2 Tuesday, August 27 at 11:30 am EDT
Martha teaches how to prepare classic sauces: hollandaise, bechamel, beurre blanc, and marinara.
- KET Saturday, August 31 at 3:30 pm EDT
Martha shows how to dredge meat or fish in flour and the importance of cooking over high heat.
- KET2 Tuesday, September 3 at 11:30 am EDT
Martha prepares simple vegetable side dishes including steamed spinach, sauteed broccoli rabe, roasted cauliflower "steaks," brown sugar-glazed carrots, sauteed sugar snap peas, shelled peas with mint, and lemony kale salad.
- KET Saturday, September 7 at 3:30 pm EDT
Martha makes two Italian dumplings, gnocchi and gnudi, and shares a Polish pierogi recipe.
- KET2 Tuesday, September 10 at 11:30 am EDT
Martha shares recipes and techniques for the three most common stocks - chicken, beef, and vegetable - as well as useful cooking and storage tips.
- KET Saturday, September 14 at 3:30 pm EDT
Fifth-generation New York City butcher Evan Lobel joins Martha for a master class on meat. Together, they teach viewers how to choose and cook the best cuts of meat, from tender to lean.
- KET Saturday, September 21, 2013 at 3:30 pm EDT
Martha offers a lesson on the world's most common grain and shares her techniques for fluffy white rice, flavorful pilaf, risotto, and Thai fried rice.
- KET Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 3:30 pm EDT
Dressing and Emulsions #107
Martha prepares a delicious shallot vinaigrette prepared two ways and a creamy blue cheese dressing - just the thing for drizzling onto a wedge of iceberg lettuce.
- KET Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 3:30 pm EDT
Martha demonstrates a variety of steaming techniques and tools that allow you to make complete meals in just minutes. Martha prepares chicken breasts in parchment paper and salmon and peas in a bamboo steamer.
- KET Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 3:30 pm EDT
Martha prepares roast chicken, root vegetable salad, and a green peppercorn-crusted roast tenderloin of beef.
- KET Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 3:30 pm EDT
Martha shows which cuts of meat are ideal for braising and the best ways to cook them. She prepares classic pot roast, braised cabbage with apples, and pulled pork sandwiches.
- KET Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 3:30 pm EDT
Martha shares recipes for chicken salad sandwiches, a Cobb salad, poached salmon steaks, and reveals the secret to poaching eggs.
- KET Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 3:30 pm EST
Martha offers lessons in how to deep-fry and pan-fry to perfection in your own kitchen. Recipes include French fries, pan-fried chicken, and Japanese tempura vegetables with dipping sauces.
- KET Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 3:30 pm EST
Pan Searing #113
Martha demonstrates how to pan sear, a technique that produces consistently satisfying - and quick - meats and fish. She shares her technique for pan-seared scallops, crisp-skinned salmon filet, pan-seared steak, and Muscovy duck breasts.
- KET Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 3:30 pm EST