Based on her eponymous best-selling book, Martha gives home cooks a culinary master class. Each episode will feature demonstrations of classic dish preparations and expert cooking techniques.
Martha prepares roast chicken, root vegetable salad, and a green peppercorn-crusted roast tenderloin of beef.
- KET2 Tuesday, December 10 at 11:30 am EST
- KET Saturday, February 15 at 3:30 pm EST
Martha shows which cuts of meat are ideal for braising and the best ways to cook them. She prepares classic pot roast, braised cabbage with apples, and pulled pork sandwiches.
- KET2 Tuesday, December 17 at 11:30 am EST
- KET Saturday, February 22 at 3:30 pm EST
Martha shares recipes for chicken salad sandwiches, a Cobb salad, poached salmon steaks, and reveals the secret to poaching eggs.
- KET2 Tuesday, December 24 at 11:30 am EST
- KET Saturday, March 1 at 3:30 pm EST
Martha teaches how to prepare classic sauces: hollandaise, bechamel, beurre blanc, and marinara.
- KET Saturday, December 28 at 3:30 pm EST
Martha offers lessons in how to deep-fry and pan-fry to perfection in your own kitchen. Recipes include French fries, pan-fried chicken, and Japanese tempura vegetables with dipping sauces.
- KET2 Tuesday, December 31 at 11:30 am EST
- KET Saturday, March 8 at 3:30 pm EST
Martha prepares simple vegetable side dishes including steamed spinach, sauteed broccoli rabe, roasted cauliflower "steaks," brown sugar-glazed carrots, sauteed sugar snap peas, shelled peas with mint, and lemony kale salad.
- KET Saturday, January 4 at 3:30 pm EST
Pan Searing #113
Martha demonstrates how to pan sear, a technique that produces consistently satisfying - and quick - meats and fish. She shares her technique for pan-seared scallops, crisp-skinned salmon filet, pan-seared steak, and Muscovy duck breasts.
- KET2 Tuesday, January 7 at 11:30 am EST
- KET Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 3:30 pm EST
Martha shares recipes and techniques for the three most common stocks - chicken, beef, and vegetable - as well as useful cooking and storage tips.
- KET Saturday, January 11 at 3:30 pm EST
Perfect Roast #201
Martha shares roasting techniques for a rib roast, crown roast of pork, and stuffed turkey breast.
- KET2 Tuesday, January 14 at 11:30 am EST
Fifth-generation New York City butcher Evan Lobel joins Martha for a master class on meat. Together, they teach viewers how to choose and cook the best cuts of meat, from tender to lean.
- KET Saturday, January 18 at 3:30 pm EST
Martha shares recipes for beef stew, veal stew, and coq au vin, a famously rich bistro favorite.
- KET2 Tuesday, January 21 at 11:30 am EST
Martha offers a lesson on the world's most common grain and shares her techniques for fluffy white rice, flavorful pilaf, risotto, and Thai fried rice.
- KET Saturday, January 25 at 3:30 pm EST
Martha makes a nourishing chicken soup, minestrone, and veloute for a creamy spinach soup.
- KET2 Tuesday, January 28 at 11:30 am EST
Dressing and Emulsions #107
Martha prepares a delicious shallot vinaigrette prepared two ways and a creamy blue cheese dressing - just the thing for drizzling onto a wedge of iceberg lettuce.
- KET Saturday, February 1 at 3:30 pm EST
Martha shows the simple methods of blanching, steaming, and roasting to prepare perfect vegetables.
- KET2 Tuesday, February 4 at 11:30 am EST
Martha demonstrates a variety of steaming techniques and tools that allow you to make complete meals in just minutes. Martha prepares chicken breasts in parchment paper and salmon and peas in a bamboo steamer.
- KET Saturday, February 8 at 3:30 pm EST
Martha and chef and restaurateur Michael White explore the art of making fresh pasta from scratch.
- KET2 Tuesday, February 11 at 11:30 am EST
Pasta Sauces #206
Martha creates homemade pasta sauces including traditional Bolognese, a quick-and-easy puttanesca, a rich carbonara, and a light sauce made with bottarga.
- KET2 Tuesday, February 18 at 11:30 am EST
Fish Monger #207
Seafood chef Dave Pasternack provides a beginner's class on buying, butchering, and storing fish.
- KET2 Tuesday, February 25 at 11:30 am EST
Martha shows how to dredge meat or fish in flour and the importance of cooking over high heat.
- KET2 Tuesday, March 4 at 11:30 am EST
Martha makes two Italian dumplings, gnocchi and gnudi, and shares a Polish pierogi recipe.
- KET2 Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 11:30 am EST
Martha provides an overview of the most popular grains, including quinoa and bulgur wheat, and teaches different cooking methods.
- KET2 Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 11:30 am EST
Martha demonstrates two of the oldest preserving techniques, confit and salting, and puts them to use in the home kitchen.
- KET2 Tuesday, March 25, 2014 at 11:30 am EST
Martha explores the many varieties of legumes and how to cook them using three different methods: stovetop, oven, and pressure cooker.
- KET2 Tuesday, April 1, 2014 at 11:30 am EST
Martha explains which varieties of shrimp to buy and how to store them, plus whether to cook them with or without the shell and how to devein them.
- KET2 Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 11:30 am EDT
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/food/shows/martha-stewarts-cooking-school/