Web site: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/
Television's longest-running weekly natural history series has won more than 200 honors from the television industry, parent groups, the international wildlife film community and environmental organizations.
An Original DUCKumentary #3004
The story follows a wood duck family and discovers how a male and female create a bond, migrate together across thousands of miles, nurture and protect a brood of chicks, and come full circle as they head to their wintering grounds.
- KET2 Sunday, December 1 at 1:00 am EST
The Private Life of Deer #3012
Scientists, deer experts, and special cameras shed light on the hidden world of white-tailed deer.
- KET2 Sunday, December 1 at 2:00 am EST
- KET2 Tuesday, December 3 at 5:00 am EST
- KET Wednesday, January 15 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Thursday, January 16 at 1:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, January 17 at 5:00 am EST
- KET Saturday, January 18 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Saturday, January 18 at 6:00 pm EST
Why We Love Cats and Dogs #2608
An in-depth investigation into the great divide between dog lovers and cat lovers. Animal behaviorists, psychologists, trainers, and devoted owners all weigh in.
- KET2 Thursday, December 5 at 1:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, December 6 at 4:00 am EST
- KET2 Sunday, December 8 at midnight EST
Magic of the Snowy Owl #3002
This episode explores the world of the snowy owl, a bird recently made popular by Hedwig, Harry Potter's faithful companion, and looks at how these majestic birds survive in the tundra on the North Slope of Alaska.
- KET Wednesday, December 11 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Thursday, December 12 at 1:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, December 13 at 4:00 am EST
- KET2 Saturday, December 14 at 6:00 pm EST
- KET2 Sunday, December 15 at midnight EST
Cold Warriors: Wolves and Buffalo #3008
Buffalo and wolves still engage in epic life and death dramas across Wood Buffalo National Park. By getting to know a specific pack of wolves and the individuals that make up the pack, we get a sense of how these two animal species live together in what seems like a forgotten corner of the world.
- KET Wednesday, December 18 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Thursday, December 19 at 1:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, December 20 at 4:00 am EST
- KET2 Sunday, December 22 at midnight EST
- KET2 Saturday, December 28 at 6:00 pm EST
Christmas in Yellowstone #2403
Breathtaking landscapes frame intimate scenes of wolves, coyotes, elk, bison, bears, and otters as they make their way through the most challenging season of the year.
- KET2 Saturday, December 21 at 6:00 pm EST
- KET Wednesday, December 25 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Thursday, December 26 at 1:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, December 27 at 4:00 am EST
- KET2 Sunday, December 29 at midnight EST
The Mystery of Eels #3010
James Prosek, artist, writer, and eminent naturalist, takes on the mystery of the eel, shedding light on the animal and the strange behavior it inspires in those who seek to know it.
- KET2 Thursday, January 2 at 2:30 am EST
- KET2 Friday, January 3 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Saturday, January 4 at 6:00 pm EST
Legendary White Stallions #3011
This story of the world-famous Lipizzaner stallions focuses on the bond that develops between the horses and their caregivers, beginning at birth and culminating at the famous Spanish Riding School in Vienna, Austria.
- KET Wednesday, January 8 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Thursday, January 9 at 1:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, January 10 at 4:00 am EST
- KET2 Saturday, January 11 at 6:00 pm EST
Meet The Coywolf #3104
The coywolf, a mixture of coyote and wolf, is found increasingly on city streets in North America. Biologist Roland Kay unravels the mysteries that define this new species.
- KET Wednesday, January 22 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Thursday, January 23 at 1:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, January 24 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Saturday, January 25 at 6:00 pm EST
The Funkiest Monkeys #3105
Crested black macaques, charismatic monkeys that only exist on Sulawesi in Indonesia, are explored. These feisty monkeys are beach bums with punk hairstyles, expressive faces, copper colored eyes, and some very unusual habits.
- KET Wednesday, January 29 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Thursday, January 30 at 1:00 am EST
- KET2 Friday, January 31 at 4:00 am EST
- KET2 Saturday, February 1 at 6:00 pm EST
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/
Price available upon request.
P.O. Box 2284
South Burlington, VT 05407