Web site: http://www.pbs.org/thisoldhouse/home/
America's favorite home improvement series.
Kevin enjoy the windows from inside the new eat-in kitchen. Tom installs vertical beaded siding. Richard visits New Orleans to help a family deal with high indoor humidity.
- KET2 Saturday, July 26 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET Sunday, September 7 at 5:00 pm EDT
Three projects conclude on the Jersey Shore. The guys help homeowners prepare for severe weather. Meteorologist Jim Cantore stops by to share his insights on how weather is changing and what homeowners can do to prepare.
- KET Sunday, July 27 at 5:00 pm EDT
Arborist Matt Foti does some selective tree pruning. A doorjamb is converted into a cased opening. Tom helps a homeowner fit a box spring mattress up a narrow staircase. Kevin and an electrician repair a light switch in Seattle.
- KET2 Thursday, July 31 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, August 1 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, August 2 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET Sunday, September 14 at 5:00 pm EDT
Work begins on an Italianate style home in Arlington, Massachusetts. Demolition work gets started.
- KET Sunday, August 3 at 5:00 pm EDT
Paint color consultant Bonnie Krims presents exterior color schemes. Norm and Tom patch old oak veneer floors. Richard visits a historic home and installs a clawfoot tub with shower. Tom installs a permanent fire escape ladder in a bedroom.
- KET2 Thursday, August 7 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, August 8 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, August 9 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET Sunday, September 21 at 5:00 pm EDT
Dramatic discoveries are made while demolishing the kitchen and baths and a rhododendron is moved.
- KET Sunday, August 10 at 5:00 pm EDT
Edgar Hansen from Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch patches cracks in the plaster walls. Norm and Tom raise the height of the railing on the second floor landing. Electrician Scott Caron converts three recessed lights into three pendants in a kitchen.
- KET2 Thursday, August 14 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, August 15 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, August 16 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET Sunday, September 28 at 5:00 pm EDT
Breaking through the living room ceiling, more headroom and the original plaster molding are found. Roger replaces a rotted fence post.
- KET Sunday, August 17 at 5:00 pm EDT
A hydrangea is removed. Painting contractor Mauro Henrique offers strategies for working with potentially messy red paint. Tom builds a moveable kitchen island with Kevin.
- KET2 Thursday, August 21 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, August 22 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, August 23 at 5:00 am EDT
Masonry repairs with a mortar additive provide a waterproofing solution for the fieldstone basement. Tom shows how to remove stripped screws.
- KET Sunday, August 24 at 5:00 pm EDT
A new water line, pre-finished Brazilian chestnut flooring, and fiberglass gutters are installed. Plus, Richard uses new technology to seal ductwork from the inside.
- KET2 Thursday, August 28 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, August 29 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, August 30 at 5:00 am EDT
Landscape architect Cricket Beauregard shares her solutions for the home's shady front yard. Richard adds mechanical dampers to a forced-air heating system.
- KET Sunday, August 31 at 5:00 pm EDT
A custom PVC fence is installed and a marble herringbone pattern is created in the powder room. Tom and Kevin build a simple table from solid fir, and Kevin works with a wood-finishing expert to stain and finish it.
- KET2 Thursday, September 4 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, September 5 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, September 6 at 5:00 am EDT
A teak island top in the kitchen and a solid surface vanity top in the master bath are installed. Tom and Kevin rebuild a dangerous staircase for a survivor of the Boston Marathon bombing.
- KET2 Thursday, September 11 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, September 12 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, September 13 at 5:00 am EDT
A replica ceiling medallion is made using a 3D printer and a custom copper vent hood is installed. Electrician Scott Caron replaces outdated fluorescent under-cabinet lights with new LED fixtures.
- KET2 Thursday, September 18 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Saturday, September 20 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET2 Monday, September 22 at 5:00 am EDT
The newly finished basement spaces highlight the completion of the Arlington Italianate project. Also, Tom and Kevin help a homeowner install new cabinets and Kevin visits the Cleveland home and restaurant kitchens of Chef Michael Symon.
- KET2 Thursday, September 25 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, September 26 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, September 27 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET2 Thursday, October 2 at 8:00 pm EDT
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/thisoldhouse/home/
More Like This
Local Presentation Sponsors
KET's broadcast of The This Old House Hour is made possible in part by: