Web site: http://www.pbs.org/thisoldhouse/home/
America's favorite home improvement series.
A hydrangea is removed. Painting contractor Mauro Henrique offers strategies for working with potentially messy red paint. Tom builds a moveable kitchen island with Kevin.
- KET2 Thursday, August 21 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, August 22 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, August 23 at 5:00 am EDT
Masonry repairs with a mortar additive provide a waterproofing solution for the fieldstone basement. Tom shows how to remove stripped screws.
- KET Sunday, August 24 at 5:00 pm EDT
A new water line, pre-finished Brazilian chestnut flooring, and fiberglass gutters are installed. Plus, Richard uses new technology to seal ductwork from the inside.
- KET2 Thursday, August 28 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, August 29 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, August 30 at 5:00 am EDT
Landscape architect Cricket Beauregard shares her solutions for the home's shady front yard. Richard adds mechanical dampers to a forced-air heating system.
- KET Sunday, August 31 at 5:00 pm EDT
A custom PVC fence is installed and a marble herringbone pattern is created in the powder room. Tom and Kevin build a simple table from solid fir, and Kevin works with a wood-finishing expert to stain and finish it.
- KET2 Thursday, September 4 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, September 5 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, September 6 at 5:00 am EDT
Kevin enjoy the windows from inside the new eat-in kitchen. Tom installs vertical beaded siding. Richard visits New Orleans to help a family deal with high indoor humidity.
- KET Sunday, September 7 at 5:00 pm EDT
A teak island top in the kitchen and a solid surface vanity top in the master bath are installed. Tom and Kevin rebuild a dangerous staircase for a survivor of the Boston Marathon bombing.
- KET2 Thursday, September 11 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, September 12 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, September 13 at 5:00 am EDT
Arborist Matt Foti does some selective tree pruning. A doorjamb is converted into a cased opening. Tom helps a homeowner fit a box spring mattress up a narrow staircase. Kevin and an electrician repair a light switch in Seattle.
- KET Sunday, September 14 at 5:00 pm EDT
A replica ceiling medallion is made using a 3D printer and a custom copper vent hood is installed. Electrician Scott Caron replaces outdated fluorescent under-cabinet lights with new LED fixtures.
- KET2 Thursday, September 18 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Saturday, September 20 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET2 Monday, September 22 at 5:00 am EDT
Paint color consultant Bonnie Krims presents exterior color schemes. Norm and Tom patch old oak veneer floors. Richard visits a historic home and installs a clawfoot tub with shower. Tom installs a permanent fire escape ladder in a bedroom.
- KET Sunday, September 21 at 5:00 pm EDT
The newly finished basement spaces highlight the completion of the Arlington Italianate project. Also, Tom and Kevin help a homeowner install new cabinets and Kevin visits the Cleveland home and restaurant kitchens of Chef Michael Symon.
- KET2 Thursday, September 25 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, September 26 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, September 27 at 5:00 am EDT
Edgar Hansen from Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch patches cracks in the plaster walls. Norm and Tom raise the height of the railing on the second floor landing. Electrician Scott Caron converts three recessed lights into three pendants in a kitchen.
- KET Sunday, September 28 at 5:00 pm EDT
Renovations of an 1850s-era Greek Revival house begins in Charlestown, Boston's oldest neighborhood.
- KET2 Thursday, October 2 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, October 3 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, October 4 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET Sunday, October 5 at 5:00 pm EDT
Tom works on the exterior walls are bowing out from the weight of the roof over 160 years. In the basement, Richard shows Kevin the result of two weeks of hand digging and a week of rough plumbing. Tom replaces an old vinyl peel-and-stick floor with ceramic tile.
- KET2 Thursday, October 9 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, October 10 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, October 11 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET Sunday, October 12 at 5:00 pm EDT
The old chimney is modified for the new gas fireplace units. The third floor master suite is framed up, except the dormer, still in regulatory limbo. Tom resizes a front door that gets stuck on carpet every time it's opened.
- KET2 Thursday, October 16 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, October 17 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, October 18 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET Sunday, October 19 at 5:00 pm EDT
Tom shows Norm the progress on the approved dormer and how he's waterproofing its low slope roof. Kevin checks on the kitchen design details. The guys tackle practical solutions for drought.
- KET2 Thursday, October 23 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Friday, October 24 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, October 25 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET Sunday, October 26 at 5:00 pm EST
- KET2 Thursday, October 30 at 8:00 pm EST
- KET2 Friday, October 31 at 1:00 am EST
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/thisoldhouse/home/
More Like This
Local Presentation Sponsors
KET's broadcast of The This Old House Hour is made possible in part by: