Web site: http://www.klru.org/affonstory
This series focuses on the inspiration and creative process at the conception of the filmmaking process.
Breaking Bad: A Conversation with Vince Gilligan #401
Vince Gilligan, creator of the AMC hit series Breaking Bad, reflects upon the show's hyper-serialized storytelling, along with his inspirations and influences.
- KET Monday, August 25 at 1:30 am EDT
- KET2 Monday, October 6 at midnight EDT
Frank Darabont: Filmmaker's Journey #402
Frank Darabont, writer and director of such classics as The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, and The Mist, discusses adapting works by Stephen King and keeping his characters at the core of the story.
- KET Monday, September 1 at 1:30 am EDT
- KET2 Monday, October 13 at midnight EDT
Alien: Deconstructing A Sci-Fi Classic #403
Veteran screenwriters John August and Ashley Miller discuss the tension, pacing, and craftsmanship of Alien.
- KET Monday, September 8 at 1:30 am EDT
- KET2 Monday, October 20 at midnight EDT
House of Cards: A Conversation with Beau Willimon #404
House of Cards creator Beau Willimon discusses writing for Netflix and narrative power struggles.
- KET Monday, September 15 at 1:30 am EDT
- KET2 Monday, October 27 at midnight EST
Time Travel and the Filmmaker's Trek #405
Masters of weaving time travel into the fabric of film dissect the elements that make for a believable "operating system" when writing a comprehensible timeline for a screenplay.
- KET Monday, September 22 at 1:30 am EDT
Thelma & Louise: A Conversation with Callie Khouri #406
Callie Khouri reflects upon her experience working with Ridley Scott and writing the classic female buddy film.
- KET Monday, September 29 at 1:30 am EDT
Unforgiven: Deconstructing An Anti-Western #407
Kirk Ellis and Robert Knott explore the Clint Eastwood/David Peoples classic, Unforgiven.
- KET Monday, October 6 at 1:30 am EDT
Men In Black: A Conversation with Ed Solomon #408
Men in Black writer, Ed Solomon, explores the genesis of the movie and its journey from pre-production through post.
- KET Monday, October 13 at 1:30 am EDT
Rectify: Ray McKinnon On Characters & Culture #409
Ray McKinnon, creator of the Sundance Channel's breakout hit, Rectify, details how to capture the personality of a culture.
- KET Monday, October 20 at 1:30 am EDT
Philadelphia: A Look Back #410
Ron Nyswaner recounts the social impact of his screenplay, Philadelphia.
- KET Monday, October 27 at 1:30 am EST
Deconstructing Dog Day Afternoon #411
Screenwriters Robin Swicord and Peter Craig examine the film, Dog Day Afternon.
- KET Monday, November 3 at 1:30 am EST
Neo Noir: The Modern Day Film Noir #412
Shane Black and Brian Helgeland discuss the modern day Neo Noir - a genre-bending response to the Film Noirs of the 1940s and 50s.
- KET Monday, November 10 at 1:30 am EST
Greaser's Palace: A Conversation with Jonathan Demme and Paul Thomas Anderson #413
Filmmakers Paul Thomas Anderson and Jonathan Demme pay tribute to Robert Downey Sr.'s cult classic, Greaser's Palace.
- KET Monday, November 17 at 1:30 am EST
Jonathan Demme and Paul Thomas Anderson: A Conversation #414
The filmmakers look back on the vision, style, influences, and creative passion for Demme's The Silence of the Lambs, Stop Making Sense, Rachel Getting Married, and Something Wild.
- KET Monday, November 24 at 1:30 am EST
Official web site: http://www.klru.org/affonstory