Web site: http://www.pbs.org/pioneersoftelevision/
Through interviews and archival clips, nearly 100 stars from television's formative years share their stories in this revealing four-part documentary series.
Standup to Sitcom #401
Jerry Seinfeld, Roseanne Barr, Tim Allen, Ray Romano, and Bob Newhart discuss how standup comics transitioned to sitcoms.
- KET2 Tuesday, April 15 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Wednesday, April 16 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Friday, April 18 at 2:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, April 19 at 4:00 am EDT
- KET Saturday, April 19 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET2 Monday, April 21 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, April 22 at 9:00 pm EDT
Doctors and Nurses #402
Noah Wyle, Anthony Edwards, Ed Begley Jr., and others discuss ER, St. Elsewhere, and other medical dramas. The episode also features the final interview with Chad Everett of Medical Center.
- KET2 Tuesday, April 22 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Wednesday, April 23 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET2 Thursday, April 24 at 4:00 am EDT
- KET2 Friday, April 25 at 2:00 am EDT
- KET2 Saturday, April 26 at 4:00 am EDT
- KET Saturday, April 26 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET2 Monday, April 28 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, April 29 at 9:00 pm EDT
Breaking Barriers #403
This episode traces the story of people of color on American television, including Diahann Carroll, Bill Cosby, Desi Arnaz, Edward James Olmos, and George Takei.
- KET2 Tuesday, April 29 at 8:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Wednesday, April 30 at 1:00 am EDT
- KET Saturday, May 3 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET Tuesday, May 6 at 9:00 pm EDT
Acting Funny #404
- KET Tuesday, May 13 at 9:00 pm EDT
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/pioneersoftelevision/