Web site: http://www.ricksteves.com
This series offers a fresh perspective on the best travel advice, including where to stay, what to see and how to get around in Europe. Rick Steves shares his extensive knowledge of European history, art, and culture.
Rome: Baroque Brilliance #702
Rick rambles through the venerable heart of Rome, admires breathtaking Bernini statues, ponders sunbeams inside St. Peter's Basilica, and mingles with the Romans during an early-evening stroll. Following an exquisite Roman dinner, he joins locals after dark, lacing together the Eternal City's most romantic nightspots.
- KET2 Tuesday, March 18 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, April 12 at 2:30 pm EDT
Salzburg and Surroundings #410
Birthplace of Mozart and home to a multitude of Sound of Music fantasies, Salzburg is a Baroque jewel of a town and a springboard for alpine fun—from thrilling summer bobsledding to idyllic boat rides in the Salzkammergut lake district.
- KET Saturday, March 22 at 2:30 pm EDT
Rome: Back-Street Riches #703
Venturing through the crusty Trastevere district, Rick visits the historic Jewish Ghetto, enjoys art treasures in a string of rarely visited churches, and uncovers charms of hidden Rome that compete with its marquee sights.
- KET2 Tuesday, March 25 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, April 19 at 2:30 pm EDT
Rick Steves' Europe: The Making Of #411
Rick and his crew host a behind-the-scenes look at how they produce their travel series. While scampering through Milan and around Lake Como, they demonstrate their creative process while dealing with the inevitable challenges and surprises.
- KET Saturday, March 29 at 2:30 pm EDT
Florence: Heart of the Renaissance #704
Rick explores Michelangelo's David, Botticelli's Birth of Venus, Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise, Fra Angelico's serene beauty, and the dome that kicked off the Renaissance.
- KET2 Tuesday, April 1 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, April 26 at 2:30 pm EDT
Rome: Ancient Glory #701
Focusing on the grandeur of classical Rome, Rick visits the Colosseum, the Pantheon, and the empire's exquisite art. He bicycles the Appian Way and marvels at Roman engineering.
- KET Saturday, April 5 at 2:30 pm EDT
Florentine Delights and Tuscan Side Trips #705
Enjoy more of the exquisite artistic treasures of Florence and a couple of rival cities and cultural capitals in their own right, Pisa and Lucca.
- KET2 Tuesday, April 8 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, May 3 at 2:30 pm EDT
Paris: Regal and Intimate #706
Explore the Seine River, Napoleon's tomb, and the Louvre. Experience the pulse of Paris-shopping, church in a grand pipe organ loft, and a patriotic Bastille Day.
- KET2 Tuesday, April 15 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, May 10 at 2:30 pm EDT
Paris: Embracing Life and Art #707
Explore the Cluny Museum, heavenly stained glass in Sainte-Chapelle, Pere Lachaise Cemetery, and the Parisian cafe scene.
- KET2 Tuesday, April 22 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, May 17 at 2:30 pm EDT
London: Historic and Dynamic #708
In many-faceted London, Rick ponders royal tombs in Westminster Abbey, learns how to triple the calories of an English scone at teatime, discovers treasures in the British Library, and more.
- KET2 Tuesday, April 29 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, May 24 at 2:30 pm EDT
North England's Lake District and Durham #709
Rick admires idyllic lakes, discovers misty waterfalls, tours a slate mine, and conquers stony summits. He plays cricket, hikes Hadrian's Wall, and visits Durham's Norman cathedral.
- KET2 Tuesday, May 6 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, May 31 at 2:30 pm EDT
Venice: City of Dreams #710
Rick cruises the Grand Canal, luxuriates in a venerable cafe, and savors fresh fish canalside with Venetian friends. He views masterpieces of the Venetian Renaissance and goes on a gondola ride under the moonlight.
- KET2 Tuesday, May 13 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, June 7 at 2:30 pm EDT
Venice and Its Lagoon #711
Along with sampling the sumptuous art treasures of Venice and exploring its back-street wonders, Rick visits Murano for glass, Burano for lace, and murky Torcello for a sense of where Venice was born.
- KET2 Tuesday, May 20 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 2:30 pm EDT
European Travel Skills, Part I #712
The first of a three-part mini-series distills Rick Steves' 30 years of travel experience into 30 minutes of practical advice on how to have a fun, affordable, and culturally broadening trip to Europe.
- KET2 Tuesday, May 27 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 2:30 pm EDT
European Travel Skills, Part II #713
Practical advice on how to have a fun, affordable, and culturally broadening trip to Europe is shared. Rick covers tips on planning an itinerary, hurdling the language barrier, driving and catching the train, avoiding scams, eating well, and more.
- KET2 Tuesday, June 3 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, June 28, 2014 at 2:30 pm EDT
European Travel Skills, Part III #714
Practical advice on how to have a fun, affordable, and culturally broadening trip to Europe is shared. Rick covers tips on planning an itinerary, hurdling the language barrier, driving and catching the train, and more.
- KET2 Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 7:00 pm EDT
- KET Saturday, July 5, 2014 at 2:30 pm EDT
Official web site: http://www.ricksteves.com
VIDEO OR DVD:
Price available upon request.
Small World Productions Inc.
P.O. Box 28369
Seattle, WA 98118-8369