Web site: http://www.secondopinion-tv.org
Focuses on health literacy in an engaging, entertaining and accessible way.
Managing Diabetes #1009
Bob Hatch seeks a second opinion as he struggles to manage his diabetes. Experts discuss why Type II Diabetes is so difficult to keep under control.
- KET Tuesday, April 15 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET2 Thursday, April 17 at 11:30 am EDT
Reversing Heart Disease #1010
Experts discuss the risk factors and treatment for heart disease. For Dick DuBois, he changed his diet and it made a significant difference in his overall health.
- KET Tuesday, April 22 at 5:00 am EDT
- KET2 Thursday, April 24 at 11:30 am EDT
Vitamin D #701
Lifestyle changes have caused many people to become Vitamin D deficient. Learn what this means to overall health.
- KET2 Thursday, May 1 at 11:30 am EDT
Celiac Disease #702
Discover how a gluten-free diet (no wheat, rye, or barley) results in greatly improved health for those suffering from Celiac Disease.
- KET2 Thursday, May 8 at 11:30 am EDT
Multiple Sclerosis #703
Learn how research is making treatments for Multiple Sclerosis (MS) more successful, giving individuals a better quality of life.
- KET2 Thursday, May 15 at 11:30 am EDT
Bipolar Disorder #704
Once called manic depression, bipolar disorder is a mental illness caused by a chemical change in the brain. Although there is no cure, bipolar disorder can be effectively treated.
- KET2 Thursday, May 22 at 11:30 am EDT
Late Effects of Cancer Treatment #705
Life-saving treatments for cancer can leave long-term physical and mental side effects that patients may not be prepared for.
- KET2 Thursday, May 29 at 11:30 am EDT
Breast Reconstruction #706
- KET2 Thursday, June 5 at 11:30 am EDT
Racial Disparities In Cardiac Care #707
- KET2 Thursday, June 12 at 11:30 am EDT
- KET2 Thursday, June 19 at 11:30 am EDT
Fecal Incontinence #709
- KET2 Thursday, June 26 at 11:30 am EDT
Heart Replacement #710
Learn about advancements that in some patients are taking the place of heart transplants. Understanding what to expect of the surgery and the follow-up care are critical to long-term stability.
- KET2 Thursday, July 3 at 11:30 am EDT
HPV Vaccine/Cervical Cancer #711
Human papillomavirus (HPV), which is a sexually transmitted infection, is the most common cause of cervical cancer. Learn more about this vaccine - who should have it and what the risks may be.
- KET2 Thursday, July 10 at 11:30 am EDT
Spinal Cord Injury #712
Dr. Brad Berk, the CEO of the University of Rochester Medical Center shares the story of the bicycle accident that left him in a wheelchair, and Charlie Durkee talks about his life after an accident paralyzed him.
- KET2 Thursday, July 17 at 11:30 am EDT
Dizziness is a common complaint that can be related to many different medical problems, and can be disabling unless treated.
- KET2 Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 11:30 am EDT
Official web site: http://www.secondopinion-tv.org