Web site: http://www.secondopinion-tv.org
Focuses on health literacy in an engaging, entertaining and accessible way.
The warning signs of the dangerous skin cancer Melanoma and ways it can be prevented are discussed.
- KET Tuesday, December 10 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Thursday, December 12 at 11:30 am EST
A patient discusses her the tough decision to give up the game she loved because of concussions.
- KET Tuesday, December 17 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Thursday, December 19 at 11:30 am EST
Whooping Cough #1003
Whooping cough (Pertussis) is a highly contagious illness that can cause many complications.
- KET Tuesday, December 24 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Thursday, December 26 at 11:30 am EST
Food Allergies #1004
Meet Stacy Saiontz, whose son's food allergies changed the way her entire family lives.
- KET Tuesday, December 31 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Thursday, January 2 at 11:30 am EST
Teen Depression #1005
Experts discuss signs and treatments for teen depression and a family shares their story.
- KET Tuesday, January 7 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Thursday, January 9 at 11:30 am EST
High Risk Pregnancy #1006
Many women choose to wait until after the age of 40 to start a family. Lucy Sun's personal decision to wait to conceive brought with it other complicated choices.
- KET Tuesday, January 14 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Thursday, January 16 at 11:30 am EST
Controlling Hypertension #1007
Experts discuss ways to keep hypertension in check. Connie Bentley shares her personal story.
- KET Tuesday, January 21 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Thursday, January 23 at 11:30 am EST
C. Difficile #1008
When the bacteria Clostridium difficile (C.diff) grows out of control in your intestines, you can become very sick with C. diff. Lois Joseph shares her story and how she overcame this horrible illness.
- KET Tuesday, January 28 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Thursday, January 30 at 11:30 am EST
Managing Diabetes #1009
Bob Hatch seeks a second opinion as he struggles to manage his diabetes. Experts discuss why Type II Diabetes is so difficult to keep under control.
- KET Tuesday, February 4 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Thursday, February 6 at 11:30 am EST
Reversing Heart Disease #1010
Experts discuss the risk factors and treatment for heart disease. For Dick DuBois, he changed his diet and it made a significant difference in his overall health.
- KET Tuesday, February 11 at 5:00 am EST
- KET2 Thursday, February 13 at 11:30 am EST
Official web site: http://www.secondopinion-tv.org