Web site: http://www.atasteofhistory.com/
A cooking series that explores America's culinary beginnings from the Birthplace of American Cuisine. Chef Walter Staib hosts.
In Search of Catchup #407
Chef Staib travels to Malaysia to trace the origins of catchup, visit an organic farm, and prepare local Malaysian specialties in bamboo rice.
- KET Saturday, July 19 at 4:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Monday, August 18 at 3:00 pm EDT
Remembering John Adams #403
Chef Staib prepares a New England boiled dinner and visits John Adams' birthplace home in Quincy, Massachusettes.
- KET2 Monday, July 21 at 3:00 pm EDT
William Penn's Grand Experiment #408
Visit William Penn's North American home and learn about his planned city, Philadelphia. In Penn's honor, Chef Staib prepares oxtail soup and rib roast with Yorkshire pancakes.
- KET Saturday, July 26 at 4:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Monday, August 25 at 3:00 pm EDT
Antigua: Harboring British Interests #404
Antigua was home to Britain's second largest naval port during the 18th century, commanded by Lord Admiral Nelson. Chef Walter prepares seafood water and pumpkin pancakes in the shadow of a sugar plantation windmill and archeological dig.
- KET2 Monday, July 28 at 3:00 pm EDT
St. Lucia: Tropical Delights, Naval Fights #405
St. Lucia played a critical role in winning the American Revolution. Chef Walter prepares curried chicken and buillion.
- KET2 Monday, August 4 at 3:00 pm EDT
Three Women #409
Recipes include Mary Randolph's Stuffed Veal Breast, Hannah Glasse's Braised Veal Heart, and Martha Washington's Excellent Cake.
- KET Saturday, August 9 at 4:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Monday, September 1 at 3:00 pm EDT
Liquid Gold #406
Travel to Guyana where Rum is made and explore the legend of El Dorado. Chef Staib cooks traditional Guyanese dishes using local ingredients.
- KET2 Monday, August 11 at 3:00 pm EDT
James Monroe #410
Learn about the Monroe Doctrine, and Chef Staib cooks at Monroe's Ash Lawn estate, preparing fried lake perch and kohlrabi in his honor.
- KET Saturday, August 16 at 4:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Wednesday, September 10 at 7:00 pm EDT
Pirates Get Their Due #411
Chef Walter visits Port Royal, to see the amazing intact underwater city, then cooks on the Rio Grande River.
- KET Saturday, August 23 at 4:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Wednesday, September 17 at 7:00 pm EDT
Blue Mountain Coffee #412
Chef Watler visits a Jamaica coffee plantation and prepares an elaborate British plantation brunch.
- KET Saturday, August 30 at 4:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Wednesday, September 24 at 7:00 pm EDT
The First Five Presidents #413
At The White House, Chef Staib looks back at the first five presidents and the foods they loved.
- KET Saturday, September 6 at 4:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Wednesday, October 1 at 7:00 pm EDT
Official web site: http://www.atasteofhistory.com/