Web site: http://www.ATasteofHistory.org
A cooking series that explores America's culinary beginnings from the Birthplace of American Cuisine. Chef Walter Staib hosts.
James Monroe #410
Learn about the Monroe Doctrine, and Chef Staib cooks at Monroe's Ash Lawn estate, preparing fried lake perch and kohlrabi in his honor.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 10 at 7:00 pm EDT
Pirates Get Their Due #411
Chef Walter visits Port Royal, to see the amazing intact underwater city, then cooks on the Rio Grande River.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 17 at 7:00 pm EDT
Blue Mountain Coffee #412
Chef Watler visits a Jamaica coffee plantation and prepares an elaborate British plantation brunch.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 24 at 7:00 pm EDT
The First Five Presidents #413
At The White House, Chef Staib looks back at the first five presidents and the foods they loved.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 1 at 7:00 pm EDT
Engineering A Revolution #501
Walter prepares Hungarian Goulash and cabbage potato stew with kielbasa in honor of Thaddeus Kosciuszko.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 8 at 7:00 pm EDT
Star Spangled Banner #502
In honor of our national anthem, Walter celebrates the Star Spangled Banner at Ft. McHenry by preparing eel and mussel chowder, smoke pheasant en croute, roasted veal shank, and bread pudding with black currants.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 15 at 7:00 pm EDT
Let Freedom Ring #503
Walter pays tribute to the Liberty Bell with sauteed shad roe and coq au vin rouge.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 22 at 7:00 pm EDT
El Camino Real #504
Chef Walter travels to New Mexico and recounts the incredible journey of migration to our early Southwest. He prepares authentic People of the Red Willow recipes of Atole, a blue corn porridge, and elk stew.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 29 at 7:00 pm EST
Chili Peppers: Fruit of New Mexico #505
Chef Staib visits New Mexico for the chili pepper harvest and makes short ribs, red polenta, and wild boar chile.
- KET2 Wednesday, November 5 at 7:00 pm EST
King of Prussia #506
Chef Staib prepares authentic German favorites, Konigsberger Klopse meatballs in caper sauce, Eisbein pork shanks, and apple strudel.
- KET2 Wednesday, November 12 at 7:00 pm EST
Battle of Nassau #507
Chef Staib prepares boiled fish, curried lobster and Johnny Cakes in the Bahamas.
- KET2 Wednesday, November 19 at 7:00 pm EST
Trekking South Africa #508
Join Chef Staib as he prepares warthog kebobs and ostrich stew on an incredible journey to South Africa.
- KET2 Wednesday, November 26 at 7:00 pm EST
Official web site: http://www.ATasteofHistory.org