This season, Victory Garden takes viewers on a journey across America, traveling from garden to sea, mountains to fields, to learn about fresh local foods, and the people who grow and produce them. Hosted by passionate foodie and TV personality Amy Devers, each episode will also feature the work of 2013 James Beard Award winning filmmaker and chef, Daniel Klein, as he introduces us to gardeners, farmers, and food producers from across the country.
A Florida fisherman catches local mullet with only a hand net. Braised broccoli rabe is prepared.
- KET2 Saturday, August 30 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 3:00 pm EST
Farmers and community groups in California distribute crops to food pantries and people in need. Chef Marian makes a garden-to-table lettuce salad.
- KET2 Saturday, September 6 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, September 9 at 3:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 3:00 pm EST
Visit Georgia to meet farmers and foragers who gather local ingredients for a feast in the fields. Roger shares the secrets of growing garlic and eggplant, and Chef Marian uses them to make a eggplant and goat cheese dip.
- KET2 Saturday, September 13 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, September 16 at 3:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, December 23, 2014 at 3:00 pm EST
Chef Daniel Klein learns about shiitake mushrooms grown in a purely sustainable way in Arkansas.
- KET2 Saturday, September 20 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, September 23 at 3:00 pm EDT
- KET2 Saturday, September 27 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, September 30 at 3:00 pm EDT
Chef Daniel Klein is on the road to South Carolina to learn about the value of heirloom seeds.
- KET2 Saturday, October 4 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, October 7 at 3:00 pm EDT
A different approach to dairy farming, a North Carolina farmer growing heirloom corn and sugar cane, and a crisp spinach salad are featured.
- KET2 Saturday, October 11 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, October 14 at 3:00 pm EDT
Louisiana shrimp and fish, two Utah brothers who farm in a truly sustainable way, and bok choi fresh from the garden are showcased.
- KET2 Saturday, October 18 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, October 21 at 3:00 pm EDT
Crab and sea urchin from the California coast and naturally raised lamb in Oregon are featured.
- KET2 Saturday, October 25 at 12:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Tuesday, October 28 at 3:00 pm EST
Meet people in Vermont who are involved with sustainable farming and see the foods they produce. Roger explains how to grow butternut squash, and Chef Marian makes cilantro and mango chutney.
- KET2 Saturday, November 1 at 12:30 pm EST
- KET2 Tuesday, November 11 at 3:00 pm EST
In upstate New York, CSAs help local farmers after the devastating impact of Hurricane Irene. And, ride the river in Peoria, Illinois, to catch the sustainable Asian carp.
- KET2 Tuesday, November 4 at 3:00 pm EST
Off the coast of Maine, catch lobster and explore sustainability issues faced by local captains. Roger demonstrates how to prepare a garden bed and Chef Marian prepares a broccoli and crabmeat quiche.
- KET2 Saturday, November 8 at 12:30 pm EST
- KET2 Tuesday, November 18 at 3:00 pm EST
Hunt for morel mushrooms in the mountains of the Eastern Cascades. Chef Marian prepares farm-fresh salmon.
- KET2 Saturday, November 15 at 12:30 pm EST
- KET2 Tuesday, November 25 at 3:00 pm EST
Frogs are caught and prepared in Arkansas. Chef Marian makes a pea and cucumber side dish.
- KET2 Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 3:00 pm EST
title: Guide for Annual Beds and Borders