Web site: http://www.wellreadtv.com
Host Terry Tazioli discusses the latest books and has conversations with noted authors. Seattle Times book editor Mary Ann Gwinn recommends related authors and other reading material.
Lee Child, Never Go Back #311
In Child's latest thriller, Jack Reacher lands in Virginia to find his old headquarters in an uproar, Susan Turner in jail, and lawyers on his tail.
- KET2 Monday, September 15 at 1:00 pm EDT
Richelle Mead, The Indigo Spell #203
The latest in Richelle Mead's Bloodline series features a teen hiding the existence of vampires.
- KET Tuesday, September 16 at 2:30 am EDT
Jeff Guinn, Manson #312
Through first-ever interviews with Manson's sister and others, Guinn offers new insights into the horrific murders committed by Charles Manson and his "family."
- KET2 Monday, September 22 at 1:00 pm EDT
Frederick Hoxie, This Indian Country #204
Prominent historian Frederick Hoxie traces the history and heroes of Indian political activism.
- KET Tuesday, September 23 at 2:30 am EDT
Ivan Doig, Sweet Thunder #313
In Doig's latest novel, journalist Morrie Morgan takes on the Anaconda Copper Mining Company.
- KET2 Monday, September 29 at 1:00 pm EDT
Ayana Mathis, The Twelve Tribes of Hattie #205
Ayana Mathis' novel follows the lives of Hattie Shepherd and her 12 children.
- KET Tuesday, September 30 at 2:30 am EDT
David Laskin, The Family #314
The founding of Israel, the Holocaust, and Maidenform feature into the genealogy of Laskin's family.
- KET2 Monday, October 6 at 1:00 pm EDT
Michael Moss, Salt Sugar Fat #206
Michael Moss delves into the world of processed foods, where armies of chemists invent foods designed to target the public's "bliss point. "
- KET Tuesday, October 7 at 2:30 am EDT
Rebecca Eaton, Making Masterpiece #315
The Emmy-winning producer of PBS's Masterpiece discusses Downton Abbey and Sherlock.
- KET2 Monday, October 13 at 1:00 pm EDT
Jess Walter, Beautiful Ruins #207
In Jess Walter's acclaimed novel, the lives of his protagonists match the title of the book.
- KET Tuesday, October 14 at 2:30 am EDT
Laurie King, The Bones of Paris #316
Real bones and real chills highlight King's latest thriller featuring Inspector Harris Stuyvesant.
- KET2 Monday, October 20 at 1:00 pm EDT
Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick: The Mystery Woman #208
In Jayne Ann Krentz' latest paranormal romance novel, detective Beatrice Lockwood encounters a mad scientist with an ancient Egyptian potion for reviving the dead.
- KET Tuesday, October 21 at 2:30 am EDT
Bob Shacochis, The Woman Who Lost Her Soul #317
The spy thriller with twists and turns, where nobody is quite who they seem to be, is discussed.
- KET2 Monday, October 27 at 1:00 pm EST
Gretel Ghrlich, Facing the Wave: A Journey in the Wake of a Tsunami #209
Gretel Ehrlich chronicles stories of devastation, heartbreak, and human resilience in Japan's 2011 tsunami.
- KET Tuesday, October 28 at 2:30 am EST
Paul Harding, Enon #318
A grieving father struggles to come to grips with his teenage daughters' death in Harding's book.
- KET2 Monday, November 3 at 1:00 pm EST
Ivan Doig, The Bartender's Tale #210
Ivan Doig's latest novel concerns a young boy growing up in rural Montana.
- KET Tuesday, November 4 at 2:30 am EST
Elizabeth George, Just One Evil Act #319
Inspector Thomas Lynley pursues a case of child abduction and murder from England to Italy and back.
- KET2 Monday, November 10 at 1:00 pm EST
Julie Otsuka, The Buddha in the Attic #211
Julie Otsuka's novel tells the story of a group of young women brought from Japan to San Francisco as "picture brides" nearly a century ago.
- KET Tuesday, November 11 at 2:30 am EST
Langdon Cook, The Mushroom Hunters #320
Landon Cook takes readers inside the "Wild West" subculture of mushroom hunters.
- KET2 Monday, November 17 at 1:00 pm EST
Jonathan Evison, The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving #212
Jonathan Evison's poignant and humorous novel follows Ben, the caregiver to a petulant teen struggling with muscular dystrophy.
- KET Tuesday, November 18 at 2:30 am EST
Mark Helprin, In Sunlight and In Shadow #321
Helprin's novel is a powerful love story and battle against the mafia, played out on the grand stage of post-WWII New York City.
- KET2 Monday, November 24 at 1:00 pm EST
Manil Suri, The City of Devil #213
Sarita searches for her physicist husband in Mumbai, emptied by the threat of nuclear annihilation, in Manil Suri's searing love story.
- KET Tuesday, November 25 at 2:30 am EST
Debbie Macomber, Starry Night #322
Big-city society columnist Carrie Slayton journeys to the Alaskan wilderness for the story of a lifetime and finds love.
- KET2 Monday, December 1 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, December 2 at 2:30 am EST
Jonathan Lethem, Dissident Gardens #323
An American communist and an activist, mother and daughter, antagonize and love each other in Lethem's latest novel.
- KET2 Monday, December 8 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, December 9 at 2:30 am EST
Elizabeth Gilbert, The Sig. of All Things #324
Gilbert's novel follows brilliant botanist Alma Whittaker on a voyage of science and desire.
- KET2 Monday, December 15 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, December 16 at 2:30 am EST
Garrison Keillor, O What A Luxury: Verses Lyrical, Vulgar, Pathetic and Profound #325
The celebrated radio host of A Prairie Home Companion has written his first poetry collection.
- KET2 Monday, December 22, 2014 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, December 23, 2014 at 2:30 am EST
Amy Tan, The Valley of Amazemen #326
Another stirring novel about mother-daughter relationships from the author of The Joy Luck Club.
- KET2 Monday, December 29, 2014 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, December 30, 2014 at 2:30 am EST
Ruth Ozeki, A Tale for the Time Being #327
A despairing Japanese teen's journal washes up on a Canadian beach, uniting its writer and reader.
- KET2 Monday, January 5, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 2:30 am EST
Armistead Maupin, The Days of Anna Madrigal #328
- KET2 Monday, January 12, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 2:30 am EST
Nicola Griffith, Hild #329
- KET2 Monday, January 19, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 2:30 am EST
Tom Nissley, A Reader's Book of Days #330
- KET2 Monday, January 26, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 2:30 am EST
Elizabeth Kolbert, The Sixth Extinction #331
- KET2 Monday, February 2, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 2:30 am EST
Dinaw Mengestu, All Our Names #332
- KET2 Monday, February 9, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 2:30 am EST
Carol Cassella, Gemini #333
- KET2 Monday, February 16, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 2:30 am EST
Anthony Doerr, All The Light We Cannot See #334
- KET2 Monday, February 23, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
Sam Kean, The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons #335
- KET2 Monday, March 2, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
Robin Oliveira, I Always Loved You #336
- KET2 Monday, March 9, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
Tom Rachman, The Rise and Fall of Great Powers #337
- KET2 Monday, March 16, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
- KET2 Monday, March 23, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
Joseph Boyden, The Orenda #339
- KET2 Monday, March 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm EST
Official web site: http://www.wellreadtv.com