Web site: http://www.pbs.org/wws/
This series demonstrates traditional furniture making.
Two Screws for You! #3205
Chris Schwarz joins Roy Underhill to rediscover the enigmatic, wooden, two-screw vise.
- KET2 Monday, September 15 at 6:00 pm EDT
- KET Wednesday, October 29 at 5:00 am EST
Offset Turning #3112
Turning ovals and offsets by measuring once and turning twice.
- KET Wednesday, September 17 at 5:00 am EDT
Screw Cuttin' Lathe #3206
Roy uses an 1889 foot-powered lathe to cut perfect threads, cones, and tapers in iron and brass.
- KET2 Saturday, September 20 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Monday, September 22 at 6:00 pm EDT
- KET Wednesday, November 5 at 5:00 am EST
Simple Sash #3113
Windows in an old mill are restored.
- KET Wednesday, September 24 at 5:00 am EDT
The Troublesome Triangle Stool #3207
Peter Follansbee and Roy Underhill tackle terrible turned tenons for the old triangular stool.
- KET2 Saturday, September 27 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Monday, September 29 at 6:00 pm EDT
- KET Wednesday, November 12 at 5:00 am EST
Rise of the Machines! #3201
Roy gets caught up in up a bevy of century-old, foot-powered woodworking machines.
- KET Wednesday, October 1 at 5:00 am EDT
Wretched Ratchet Reading Rack #3208
With foot-powered lathes, Peter Follansbee turns this adjustable bookstand from walnut and maple.
- KET2 Saturday, October 4 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Monday, October 6 at 6:00 pm EDT
- KET Wednesday, November 19 at 5:00 am EST
The Eleven Grooved Box #3202
Grooves and splines make a tidy oak box, but can the joints be cut by just using hand tools?
- KET Wednesday, October 8 at 5:00 am EDT
Raising Panel-Zona #3209
Roy Underhill uses both complex planes and tricks with basic tools to raise the classic panel.
- KET2 Saturday, October 11 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Monday, October 13 at 6:00 pm EDT
- KET Wednesday, November 26 at 5:00 am EST
Table Joints Rule! #3203
You can't make a drop-leaf table without the rule joint. See the tools needed to cut it by hand.
- KET Wednesday, October 15 at 5:00 am EDT
Carving The Camellia #3210
Woodcarver Mary May makes basswood flowers bloom. Get in the groove of high-relief carving with sharp gouges and good-grained wood!
- KET2 Saturday, October 18 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Monday, October 20 at 6:00 pm EDT
- KET Wednesday, December 3 at 5:00 am EST
The Anarchist's Tool Chest #3204
Chris Schwarz's anarchist's tool chest starts a back-to-basics revolution!
- KET Wednesday, October 22 at 5:00 am EDT
Forging The Hold Fast #3211
Blacksmith Peter Ross shows how to forge historical versions of this powerful gripper.
- KET2 Saturday, October 25 at 3:30 pm EDT
- KET2 Monday, October 27 at 6:00 pm EST
- KET Wednesday, December 10 at 5:00 am EST
The Enfield Cupboard #3212
Simple to construct and elegant in design, this cupboard is a standby in any room or shop.
- KET2 Saturday, November 1 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET2 Monday, November 3 at 6:00 pm EST
- KET Wednesday, December 17 at 5:00 am EST
The Shaker Bend #3213
From their furniture to their bentwood boxes, the Shakers may be our most modern artisans.
- KET2 Saturday, November 8 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET2 Monday, November 10 at 6:00 pm EST
- KET Wednesday, December 24, 2014 at 5:00 am EST
Taming The Timber Bench #3401
- KET2 Saturday, November 15 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET2 Monday, November 17 at 6:00 pm EST
Pinch Rod and Squeezy Blocks #3402
- KET2 Saturday, November 22 at 3:30 pm EST
- KET2 Monday, November 24 at 6:00 pm EST
Tapered Tail Tripod Table 1 #3403
- KET2 Monday, December 1 at 6:00 pm EST
Tapered Tail Tripod Table 2 #3404
- KET2 Monday, December 8 at 6:00 pm EST
Viceless Devices #3405
- KET2 Monday, December 15 at 6:00 pm EST
Official web site: http://www.pbs.org/wws/
Price available upon request.
University of North Carolina Press
P.O. Box 2288
Chapel Hill, NC 27515-2288