Web site: http://www.woodsmithshop.com/
The pages of Woodsmith magazine come to life in this unique concept for public television. Each of the thirteen, half-hour episodes is built around a theme and teaches the skills and safe tool techniques necessary to build a variety of woodworking projects in a home shop. On each program, host Don Peschke, founding editor of Woodsmith, leads a cast of editors and project designers as they explore a wide range of tips, tools, jigs and fixtures, and techniques. Segments on most programs include "The Basics," "Techniques," "Three Things to Consider," "Tool Tune-Up," "Shop Tips," "Oops! When Things Go Wrong," and "Woodworkers' Roundtable." Produced by Iowa Public Television in high-definition and shot on a special set built just for this program, most episodes include detailed animations that show exactly how machines work and wood joints are assembled. Whether viewers are just starting out or have been woodworking for years, they'll find something new in every episode to apply to their next project. In addition, a companion website (www.WoodsmithShop.com) offers a handy place to find additional resources and download free technique articles and plans for projects shown in the series.
Library Table #506
Learn tricks for fitting sturdy mortise and tenon joints and assembly tips for a craftsman-style library table. Plus, discover the ins and outs of adding drawers and the best way to build a top.
- KET2 Saturday, July 19 at 3:00 pm EDT
Through Mortise & Tenon Projects #507
Two projects are featured a Nantucket-style bench and a traditional wall shelf. Both projects feature through mortises and tenon joinery.
- KET2 Saturday, July 26 at 3:00 pm EDT
Pocket Screw Joinery Projects #508
Learn how to build two projects with pocket screws - a small outdoor table with a tile top and a cabinet that's perfect as an end table or nightstand.
- KET2 Saturday, August 2 at 3:00 pm EDT
Shop Storage Cart #509
Learn how to build a roll-around shop cart - a tool storage center, an adjustable stock support system, and a workstation all in one compact design.
- KET2 Saturday, August 9 at 3:00 pm EDT
Classic Wall Mirror #510
The delicate molding details catch your eye, but it's the unique display shelf that sets this Arts & Crafts inspired wall mirror apart. Learn the techniques for getting flawless fits as the Woodsmith editors build this classic heirloom project.
- KET2 Saturday, August 16 at 3:00 pm EDT
Picture-Perfect Miters #511
The editors of Woodsmith show you how to build an all-new table saw sled to cut perfect miters.
- KET2 Saturday, August 23 at 3:00 pm EDT
Cherry Console #512
The editors of Woodsmith magazine show you how to turn a sheet of plywood and some hardwood edging into an elegant storage project.
- KET2 Saturday, August 30 at 3:00 pm EDT
Top Shop Tips #513
Favorite shop tips and techniques from the pages of Woodsmith magazine.
- KET2 Saturday, September 6 at 3:00 pm EDT
Slant Front Desk #801
A solid-wood case and dovetailed drawers are built for an heirloom desk.
- KET2 Saturday, September 13 at 3:00 pm EDT
Power Tool Bench #802
Build a plywood and aluminum bench to make the most of the power tools you use in your shop.
- KET2 Saturday, September 20 at 3:00 pm EDT
Curved-Front Wall Cabinet #803
The Woodsmith editors create coopered doors and use templates for the curves on this wall cabinet.
- KET2 Saturday, September 27 at 3:00 pm EDT
Heirloom Music Box #804
Learn how to work with small parts safely and accurately as an elegant music box is built.
- KET2 Saturday, October 4 at 3:00 pm EDT
Slat-Wall Storage System #805
A unique shop-built, slat-wall storage system that adapts to your changing needs is highlighted.
- KET2 Saturday, October 11 at 3:00 pm EDT
Demilune Table #806
Classic details and elegant curves take center stage as an heirloom demilune table is built.
- KET2 Saturday, October 18 at 3:00 pm EDT
Dartboard Cabinet #807
- KET2 Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 3:00 pm EDT
Box-Jointed Tray & Vase #808
- KET2 Saturday, November 1, 2014 at 3:00 pm EST
TV Lift Cabinet #809
- KET2 Saturday, November 8, 2014 at 3:00 pm EST
5 Must-Know Joinery Techniques #810
- KET2 Saturday, November 15, 2014 at 3:00 pm EST
Cherry Sideboard #811
- KET2 Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 3:00 pm EST
Tambour Tool Cabinet #812
- KET2 Saturday, November 29, 2014 at 3:00 pm EST
Layout & Measuring Tips & Tricks #813
- KET2 Saturday, December 6, 2014 at 3:00 pm EST
Official web site: http://www.woodsmithshop.com/