Web site: http://www.intheamericas.com/
The series showcases the landscapes, peoples. and history of the Americas. David Yetman, longtime host of The Desert Speaks, hosts.
The Cry for Mexican Independence #109
On September 16 each year, Mexicans from all parts of the Republic flock to the small city of Dolores Hidalgo, Guanajuato to commemorate the "Grito," the call for independence from Spain.
- KET2 Wednesday, March 5 at 9:30 am EDT
Peru: People of the Altiplano #110
David learns about the fascinating past and present of the Quechua people in the Peruvian highlands.
- KET2 Wednesday, March 12 at 9:30 am EDT
Tultepec: Mexico's Skyrocket Central #201
The city of Tultepec, a suburb of Mexico City, celebrates each March with a display of fireworks.
- KET2 Wednesday, March 19 at 9:30 am EDT
In The Shadow of the Volcanoes: Chile's Melting Pot #202
Mapuche Indians and German and Italian immigrant communities are visited in Southern Chile.
- KET2 Wednesday, March 26 at 9:30 am EDT
The Rainforest Nisei: Japanese Immigrants in the Amazon #203
Prosperous Japanese farmers protect large tracts of primary tropical forest in the Amazon.
- KET2 Wednesday, April 2 at 9:30 am EDT
Two Millennia of Mayas: Guatemala's Cultural Legacy #204
Scientists direct excavations in the Maya city of Ceibal, deep in the Peten forest of Guatemala.
- KET2 Wednesday, April 9 at 9:30 am EDT
Ice, Rock, and Water: The Sierra Nevada #205
California's Sierra Nevada is the largest and highest mountain range in the continental United States.
- KET2 Wednesday, April 16 at 9:30 am EDT
Fiesta in the YucatÁN: Maya Traditions #206
Pilgrims travel to the ancient Maya city of Tizimin in the Yucatan peninsula to celebrate Epiphany.
- KET2 Wednesday, April 23 at 9:30 am EDT
Panama: A City and a Canal #207
Panama City has been a pivotal shipping port for hundreds of years - over water and over land.
- KET2 Wednesday, April 30 at 9:30 am EDT
Bahia: Brazil's African Connection #208
- KET2 Wednesday, May 7 at 9:30 am EDT
- KET2 Wednesday, May 14 at 9:30 am EDT
Whistles in the Mist: Whistled Speech In Oaxaca #210
- KET2 Wednesday, May 21 at 9:30 am EDT
Official web site: http://www.intheamericas.com/