Web site: http://www.intheamericas.com/
The series showcases the landscapes, peoples. and history of the Americas. David Yetman, longtime host of The Desert Speaks, hosts.
Peru: People of the Altiplano #110
David learns about the fascinating past and present of the Quechua people in the Peruvian highlands.
- KET2 Wednesday, July 30 at 9:30 am EDT
Abc Islands: The Dutch Legacy in the Caribbean #301
The colonial buildings of Curacao and the incomparable marine life Bonaire are showcased.
- KET2 Wednesday, August 6 at 9:30 am EDT
Bahian Reconcavo of Brazil: Quilombos, Candomble, and the Mata Atlantica #302
The distinct culture and heritage of Reconcavo and the Atlantic Forest of Brazil are highlighted.
- KET2 Wednesday, August 13 at 9:30 am EDT
Colombia: Capital & Coffee #303
Bogota's mass transit system and the history of the world's most popular beverage are explored.
- KET2 Wednesday, August 20 at 9:30 am EDT
Sierra Nevada and the Making of California #304
The origins of the Sierra Nevada mountain range and its weather influence on California are explored.
- KET2 Wednesday, August 27 at 9:30 am EDT
Brazil's Land of Sand #305
Vast sand dunes, some the size of small mountains, line long stretches of Brazil's northeast coast.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 3 at 9:30 am EDT
Lake Superior: Circling The Sweet Water Ocean #306
Lake Superior, the world's largest lake, supports thousands of residents along its forested shores.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 10 at 9:30 am EDT
Nicaragua: Land of the Shaking Earth Emerges #307
Nicaragua promotes its diversity of cultures, Spanish colonial heritage, and natural wonders.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 17 at 9:30 am EDT
Pernambuco: Brazil's Other Carnival #308
The carnival in Recife, Brazil's fifth largest city, features joyous parades, dances, and costumes.
- KET2 Wednesday, September 24 at 9:30 am EDT
Cuetzalan: The Celebration of San Francisco #309
Fiestas and ancient rituals honor the Franciscan priests who journeyed to Cuetzalan 500 years ago.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 1 at 9:30 am EDT
Alaska: The Wilderness of the Volcanoes #310
Two of Alaska's vast national parks, Lake Clark and Katmai, boast a heritage of volcanic activity.
- KET2 Wednesday, October 8 at 9:30 am EDT
Official web site: http://www.intheamericas.com/