Web site: http://www.ket.org/health/healththree60/
A health series designed to explore important health issues in Kentucky from a fresh perspective. Each program will present three sides of an issue in 60 minutes, as well as the goal of the program - to explore an issue from 360 degrees.
Sleepless In Kentucky #401
Host Renee Shaw and guests look at the importance of sleep to our overall health, examine sleep disorders like sleep apnea, and discuss how "screens" are leading to more restless nights.
- KETKY Friday, September 12 at 11:00 am EDT
Easing The Burden of Asthma #402
This program explores the common myths and misunderstandings about asthma and looks at efforts across the state to better educate those living with this condition.
- KET Monday, September 29 at 9:00 pm EDT
- KETKY Tuesday, September 30 at 2:00 pm EDT
- KET Wednesday, October 1 at 3:00 am EDT
- KETKY Wednesday, October 1 at 9:00 am EDT
- KET Thursday, October 2 at 4:00 am EDT
- KETKY Thursday, October 2 at 4:00 pm EDT
The New Face of Diabetes #101
Diabetes rates are soaring in this country and Kentucky's burden is alarming. Meet people who are living with diabetes and see how they manage the disease to live healthy, full lives. Also, learn about a YMCA program in Louisville that offers classes to help those identified as prediabetic make important behavioral changes, and state workers identify specific ways people without diabetes can contribute to resolve this growing problem.
- KETKY Friday, October 3 at 11:00 am EDT
The Heroin Epidemic: Kentucky Fights Back #403
Heroin use is sky-rocketing in certain areas of Kentucky. Host Renee Shaw and guests share how concerned communities are coming together to save lives, expand treatment options, and prevent others from falling into the grip of this highly dangerous and addictive drug.
- KET Monday, October 27 at 9:00 pm EST
- KET Wednesday, October 29 at 3:00 am EST
- KETKY Wednesday, October 29 at 3:00 am EST
- KETKY Thursday, October 30 at 11:00 pm EST
- KETKY Friday, October 31 at 9:00 am EST
Official web site: http://www.ket.org/health/healththree60/