KET relies on financial contributions, but we also rely on gifts of time. Volunteering is a fun, fulfilling way to show your support of KET and public television.
Volunteer opportunities at KET cover a wide range of tasks and projects. You can volunteer as an individual or make it a group project. You can be on call as needs arise, or you can help with a specific event or production. And you can work in your own hometown or at the KET Network Center in Lexington.
Following are some examples of what our many outstanding volunteers have helped with. If you would like to join them, use our sign-up form to tell us about yourself, or call (800) 255-0651 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
KET Volunteers ...
- answer phones for call-in programs, relaying viewers questions to panelists.
- collate, stuff, label, or hand-address envelopes to help get special mailings out.
- help promote TeleFund, the March on-air pledge drive, by asking local businesses to feature the dates on their marquees, passing out posters, and writing letters to the editor.
- serve as runners during live TV productions, such as election returns coverage.
- enter computer data.
- serve on committees to plan and stage special events, including fund-raisers and program premieres.
- staff KET information booths at fairs.
... and more!
Come join ussign up today!