KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation.
The Commonwealth Fund for KET, the fundraising unit of Kentucky Educational Television, has the following job opening at its Network Center in Lexington, Kentucky:
Corporate Development Officer
Director, Corporate Development
- Understand KET’s mission, impact and vision in order to communicate/articulate a case for support. Stay up to date on product knowledge, needs and changing funding opportunities.
- Track and meet monthly and annual revenue goals and expense budgets. Weekly and monthly contact and progress reports expected. Accountability based on fundraising achievement.
- Balance and/or package multiple funding options that serve both the donor’s and KET’s needs and priorities: on-air, digital, event and education sponsorships; grants and capital campaigns.
- Responsible for continuous strategic planning to add new, rejoin, renew and upgrade partners, with an emphasis on regional, state and national companies, foundations, non-profits, government entities, and advertising agencies.
- Using all available resources, gather and research leads to identify viable donor prospects with the interests, values and giving capacity that align with KET.
- In collaboration with other Commonwealth Fund team members, manage a network of personal contacts, a designated portfolio of current partners and prospects, and portfolios for leadership.
- Strengthen partner relationships from initiating cold calls, cultivation, solicitation, closing the gift to stewardship. As account manager, includes writing, designing and presenting proposals; acknowledgments and invoicing. For on-air program partners, facilitate production and traffic processes in coordination with KET staff.
- Expectations include a specified number of face-to-face appointments, contacts and follow-up. Ensure records of activity and research are up to date in CRM and file systems.
- Secure sponsorships for specified events as needed. Could include the coordination and engagement of volunteers.
- Refine sponsorship benefits and work with KET staff to ensure appropriate donor recognition on all platforms.
- Support three Commonwealth Fund boards of directors and their corporate solicitations and initiatives as needed.
- Working closely with KET staff, help reinforce a culture of philanthropy to advance the common goals of the Fund and KET.
- Serve as an ambassador and advocate for KET’s programs and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and qualifications, plus a minimum of three years of experience in fundraising, media sales or a related field
- Salary commensurate with qualifications; non-commissionable
- Demonstrated success in fund raising, sales or resource development
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency and database management skills
- Self-supporting administrative, marketing and office skills
- Travel and extended work hours expected
Dependent on qualifications and experience
Use the link above to apply. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.