KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening in Lexington, Kentucky.
Leads the production of KET’s long-running, popular Kentucky Life series.
- Ensures the quality and successful completion of the series.
- Works with the Chief Content Officer and others to plan and ensure the statewide scope, content formula, and audience service objectives are met.
- Collaborates on the development and oversees the creative direction, content plan, look and feel of the series to obtain maximum audience engagement.
- Generates, coordinates, and receives story ideas and works to ensures diversity of people, places, and segments in the series.
- Plans and coordinates cohesive segments for each program and consistent elements for the series.
- Works with the Senior Director of Production Operations, managers, producers, technical editors, crew members, and others to coordinate production schedules, maximize efficiencies, and meet deadlines.
- Manages segment assignments for contributing producers and monitors progress to ensure overall continuity and quality of the series.
- Monitors progress throughout the production process to meet deadlines and to ensure segments and programs meet quality and technical standards.
- Manages the series’ master schedule, assignments, and timelines; and provides regular updates.
- Reviews and edits production scripts.
- Supervises and directs the series host/talent.
- Directs crews and talent on location and in studio.
- Creates accurate and detailed offline, non-linear rough cuts and oversees online finish-edit sessions, as well as all aspects of post-production including graphics and audio post.
- Works closely with the Communications team on promotion and social media content.
- Responsible for web and social media posting and digital archiving.
- Regularly reviews Nielsen and other audience data to better inform planning, improve the series, and increase audience engagement.
- Coordinates the preparation and maintenance of records, including budgets, rights, contracts, music and video cue sheets, copyright information and operational records and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree broadcast production or other related field plus five (5) years of television production experience. Practical experience in broadcast production may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Must have demonstrated experience in producing creative content and engaging stories.
- Experience directing live and recorded multi-camera studio and field productions.
- Knowledge and interest in Kentucky people, places, history and culture are preferred.
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Excellent writing and communications skills are required.
- Must work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, in an environment of multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Proficiency with AVID non-linear editing preferred, along with strong computer skills.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel.
- Must be able to carry production equipment (up to 40lbs).
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send KET application, cover letter and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7766. Equal Opportunity Employer
Position open until filled.