KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation.
KET has the following full-time position opening at its Lexington Network Center.
Web Developer II
Director of Digital Product Development
- Create and maintain custom code for the management and support of KET’s digital ecosystem, including, but not limited to, responsive websites, mobile applications, and multimedia delivery mechanisms.
- Exhibit advanced-level skill in web technologies to provide high-quality, standards-compliant programming work for KET’s digital properties.
- Understand and follow W3C best practices and compliance standards for digital design and development.
- Learn and integrate third-party systems that interface with KET’s digital properties..
- Maintain strict brand guidelines and the KET aesthetic in all work.
- Communicate effectively with staff members in other departments to share progress on joint projects and utilize project management software per the requirements of the Project Lead.
- Support and solve issues in the absence of more senior developers.
- Collaborate with staff members within the Digital, Marketing, IT, and Engineering Divisions, and throughout KET, to share knowledge and deploy resources effectively.
- Proactively participate in training and code reviews to expand skills and fill in knowledge gaps with respect to web technologies.
- Complete assigned test plans for projects and exhibit the ability to test and troubleshoot one’s own work.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Professional dress required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and 2+ years of experience in the following; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience developing for content management systems and learning management systems, such as WordPress and Moodle, required
- Experience integrating a third-party API required
- Experience with Git version control required
- Firm understanding of software development fundamentals, industry standard tools and best practices.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products a plus
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud Infrastructure a plus
- Experience programming around video content and streaming media a plus
- Experience building and developing on virtual machines a plus
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Use the link above to apply. If you have questions, please email email@example.com
Position open until filled.