Pat Conroy explores the last years of his father’s life in The Death of Santini. He is interviewed by Maureen Corrigan, the book critic for NPR’s Fresh Air and a critic-in-residence and lecturer at Georgetown University
Watch the Program and Web Exclusive Videos:
After the taping of Great Conversations, the audience is invited to ask questions of the author. KET presents these after-the-show segments as online exclusives.
- What is your next book? (1:20)
- What did you take away from growing up with such a self-involved father? (2:04)
- Is there something that makes your family unique, its unhappiness different from others? (4:00)
- Do you still stay in contact with your former “Low IQ” Citadel basketball teammates? (1:56)
- Would you share the story on the financial arrangements you had with your first publishers? (13:20)
- Did your father ever show vulnerability, and what did you think of Robert Duvall in the movie? (2:30)
For more information on past and upcoming programs, visit the Kentucky Author Forum Web site maintained by the University of Louisville.