Kentucky Educational Television has the following part-time contract job opening at the KET Network Center in Lexington, Ky.:
Online Content Producer (part-time, contract)
Online Communications and Content Manager
Hours: Daytime/business hours, 23 hours per week
Position Purpose: Produce content for KET.org and KET-managed online platforms.
- Produce online content and Web pages, within defined templates, for www.KET.org usning WordPress.
- Write, edit, and proof materials for printing/publication/release (blogs, newsletters, printed collateral, etc). Review and assist with the writing of department news releases.
- Write, copyedit, curate, and coordinate online articles, related content, and graphics.
- Curate and coordinate content on PBS video, YouTube, and similar platforms.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues to ensure priorities are followed, art/graphic and technical elements are implemented, and deadlines are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Professional dress required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, digital media or related field
- Experience with WordPress, social media platforms, HTML and/or CSS, page layout, SEO, online usability best practices, and metadata management
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Must be able to write content that adheres to KET’s editorial, style, and brand standards. Applicants will be required to take a copyediting test and must submit samples showing the ability to write in a succinct, engaging style.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with editorial, design, and technical colleagues is required.
- Must be able to work under short deadlines and on several projects simultaneously.
- Public broadcasting and/or media experience preferred.
Dependent on qualifications and experience
Please send state application, cover letter, resume, and writing samples to Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Dr., Lexington, KY 40502, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.