KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at the Network Center in Lexington:
JOB TITLE: Workplace Essential Skills Associate Producer
REPORTS TO: Project Director
- Research content development
- Organize pre-production meetings
- Coordinate with the content writer
- Create and organize pre-production notes
- Write preliminary script and interview questions
- Schedule location scouts and scout locations
- Order equipment if needed
- Schedule shoots and coordinate shoots with subjects
- Make travel arrangements for producers, crew and talent
- Ship gear and supplies as needed
- Help direct and organize crew members and talent
- Obtain release forms for people and materials
- Help to prepare locations, sets, and studios as needed
- Prepare prompter scripts and run teleprompter as needed
- Follow and line scripts
- Log takes
- Manage craft services as needed
- Post behind-the-scenes production pictures and video on social media platforms
- Obtain photos, B-roll, and archival material as needed
- Log footage
- Basic video editing
- Write transcripts
- Organize and archive media files
- Prepare video segments for online use and social media platforms
- Help supervise, edit, graphics, and audio sessions
- Maintain appropriate records and paperwork necessary for productions, broadcasts, Web use, air rights, copyright information, and contacts for talent and services.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of professional television production and post-production experience. Practical experience in these fields may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, in an environment of multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with video editing is required.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following industry sectors preferred: Construction; Information Technology; Transportation/Logistics; Healthcare; Manufacturing; Marketing, Sales and Service; Hospitality and Tourism.
- Experience with instructional content is preferred.
- Excellent computer, broadcast writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel.
- Must be able to carry production equipment (up to 40lbs).
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
SALARY: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
CONTACT:Please send KET application, cover letter, and resume to: Employment & Recruiting at KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.