Senior Director of Production Operations
- Researching content development; organizing pre-production meetings, creating and organizing pre-production notes; scheduling location scouts and scouting locations.
- Making travel arrangements for producers, crew and talent; helping to direct and organize crewmembers and talent.
- Helping to prepare sets and studios for guests; greeting guests and providing for their needs; maintaining continuity on sets.
- Preliminary script writing; preparing prompter scripts and running teleprompter; following and lining scripts; writing transcripts
- Logging footage; basic video editing; organizing and archiving media files; posting video segments and other content on KET.org and social media platforms; helping to supervise edit, graphics, and audio session.
- Maintaining appropriate records and paperwork necessary for productions, broadcasts, web use, air rights, copyright information and contacts for talent and services.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
Bachelor’s degree in related field plus two (2) years of professional television production and post-production experience. Practical experience in these fields may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis. Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, in an environment of multiple projects, priorities and deadlines. Knowledge and interest in Kentucky politics, history and culture preferred. Basic video editing experience is required. Must have strong computer use, broadcast writing, communications and interpersonal skills. Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel. Must be able to carry production equipment (up to 40lbs). Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send state application, cover letter and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to email@example.com, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.