>>Back to Careers and Internships home | >> State Application Word doc to download
KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at the Network Center in Lexington:
Public Affairs Managing Producer / Host
- Assist in the production of KET programs and content for broadcast and online platforms.
- Research content development; organize pre-production meetings, create and organize pre-production notes; schedule location scouts and scout locations.
- Make travel arrangements for producers, crew and talent; help to direct and organize crew membersy and talent.
- Help to prepare sets and studios for guests; greet guests and provide for their needs; maintain continuity on sets.
- Preliminary script writing; prepare prompter scripts and run teleprompter; following and lining scripts; write transcripts
- Log footage; basic video editing; organize and archive media files; post video segments and other content on KET.org and social media platforms; helpy to supervise edit, graphics, and audio session.
- Maintain appropriate records and paperwork necessary for productions, broadcasts, Web use, air rights, copyright information,v and contacts for talent and services.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus two (2) years of professional television production and post-production experience required. Practical experience in these fields may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis. Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, in an environment of multiple projects, priorities and deadlines. Knowledge and interest in Kentucky politics, history, and culture preferred. Basic video editing experience is required. Must have strong computer use, broadcast writing, communications, and interpersonal skills. Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel. Must be able to carry production equipment (up to 40 lbs). Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send state application, cover letter, and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502; e-mail to email@example.com; or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.