KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at its Lexington Network Center:
Assistant Director of Finance
KET Director of Finance
- Oversee and direct treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, long range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization.
- Appraise the organization’s financial position and issue periodic reports on organization’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Prepare, review, and analyze Authority and Foundation budgets – including payroll, capital, production project, and grant budgets.
- Directly supervise staff, carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with agency’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participating in hiring process and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; assessing and managing staff performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Work with Director to review and analyze budget/financial performance to identify areas of concern and opportunities to improve operational and financial efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus a minimum of five years of related experience or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of three years of successful supervisory experience.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of KET and public broadcasting industry a plus.
Dependent on qualifications and experience
Please send KET/state application, cover letter, and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Dr., Lexington, Ky. 40502 or e-mail to email@example.com, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.