KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position openings in Louisville, Lexington, Northern Kentucky, or Morehead:
JOB TITLE: Broadcast Technicians (3 positions available)
REPORTS TO:Assistant Director of Transmissions Systems
- Operate and provide maintenance to Kentucky Educational Television’s statewide network DTV transmission systems. Duties include the operation and maintenance of high-power DTV transmitters, remote control equipment, microwave equipment and satellite communications equipment, and the facilities and grounds associated with these systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair RF transmission equipment to component level and assists in the implementation of solutions to RF transmission problems.
- Install equipment and make performance measurements as required to maintain state-of-the-art operation and other special projects as requested by KET.
- Provide maintenance to transmitter building, grounds and ancillary equipment; including: HVAC equipment and emergency generators. Procure equipment and perform necessary maintenance of these facilities.
- Assist with the installation and operation of microwave, IP and satellite communication links for live events.
- Maintain and verify all necessary records, logs, and reports required by FCC and local and state agencies. Also, maintains and verifies records, including time sheets, inventory, transmitter reports, vehicle reports, and any special reports requested by KET.
- Work a flexible schedule on a regular basis which may include weekend and night shifts as assigned.
- Some overnight travel may be required. Professional dress required. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Two-year technical college degree in electronics or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of TV/radio broadcasting equipment, RF telecommunications systems, IP telecommunications systems, digital television systems, digital electronics, and Windows-based computer systems or equivalent is desirable. KET will supply training necessary to perform the required functions.
- Three open positions are being advertised. One (1) position’s worksite is Louisville/Floyd’s Knobs, Indiana. Two (2) positions’ worksites may be located in Lexington, Northern Kentucky, or Morehead areas. Preferred candidates will reside in or be willing to relocate within 30 miles of the transmitter worksite in Louisville, Lexington, Northern Kentucky, or Morehead.
- Moderate physical activity is required; including climbing ladders, handling of average-weight objects up to 70 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
SALARY: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
CONTACT:Please send KET application, cover letter, and resume to: Employment & Recruiting at KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.