KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation.
KET has the following full-time position opening at the Network Center in Lexington:
Chief Content Officer
- The Chief Content Officer is responsible for ensuring KET is providing highly relevant broadcast, online, and other content services that support KET’s mission, engage viewers and users, and expand audiences. This position will lead the acquisition, curation, development, creation, and evaluation of all general audience programs and other content for four statewide broadcast channels, website, social media, mobile, over-the-top, and other platforms.
- Report to and work closely with the executive director to determine content priorities and is responsible for implementing and reporting on progress.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and quality oversight for all programming, productions, underwriting, and digital content, including FCC, CPB, PBS, and other reporting requirements, as well as rights management of produced and acquired content.
- Responsible for the ascertainment and utilization of research and information to monitor use and viewership, audience satisfaction, and to develop audience optimization strategies.
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer to enhance the user experience across all platforms and drive audience/user growth.
- Supervise and work closely with the Senior Director of Production to develop local productions and content that enhance KET’s relevance and expand audience engagement.
- Supervise and work closely with the Manager of Programming and Manager of Traffic and Scheduling to acquire, curate and schedule all programs and interstitials for broadcast on KET HD, KET2, KET KY, and the KET PBS Kids Channel, including the programming and content library and archives.
- Responsible for assuring staff and content adhere to journalistic and editorial standards.
- Responsible for the development, management, and reporting on related agency budgets.
- Represent KET at community events, speaking engagements, local and national meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field, plus at least 10 years of senior management experience, as well as experience in television production and programming is required. Practical, professional-level experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience in the acquisition, production, scheduling, and management of programming content is required.
- Familiarity with emerging media and audience trends is required.
- Experience with Pro Track, Nielsen, and other audience analytics is preferred.
- Public broadcasting experience preferred.
- Experience in journalism; knowledge and interest in Kentucky politics, history, and culture preferred.
Dependent on qualifications and experience
Please send state application, cover letter, and resume to:
- Employment & Recruiting
600 Cooper Dr.
Lexington, KY 40502
or email to email@example.com or send via Fax: (859) 258-7765
Position open until filled.
KET is an equal opportunity employer.