KET Division/Work Location
Marketing and Communications Division
KET Network Center
This unpaid internship is available year-round. One intern is needed each semester. Junior-, senior-, and graduate-level students attending any college or university in Kentucky and the southern Indiana region; and Kentucky residents attending a college or university out of state may apply.
10 hours per week (approximately 150 hours per semester) are required, although special arrangements may be made when school requirements differ.
The intern will perform various communications-related duties, including:
- writing press releases
- assisting in promotional campaigns
- assisting with social media platforms
- assisting with events
- researching and maintaining public community relations contact data
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency required.
- Facebook and Twitter user-interface proficiency required.
- WordPress experience preferred.
- Each applicant for this internship must submit a writing sample that demonstrates the ability to write well for the intended audience, quality research, and creativity. Samples must be short—five pages maximum.
Interested? Fill out our online internship application form.
600 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40502-2296
FAX (859) 258-7766
Please e-mail the required writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.