>>Back to Careers and Internships home | >> Download the State Application (Word doc)
KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. The Commonwealth Fund for KET, the fundraising unit of KET, has the following full-time position opening at the Network Center in Lexington:
JOB TITLE: Development Coordinator
Director of Philanthropy
- Provide administrative support for all matters relating to major gift fundraising. Includes facilitating efforts to retain, upgrade and secure new funds; assisting with donor relations and stewardship; processing mail, bills, and purchase orders; providing volunteer, event, and marketing support; and financial reporting.
- Execute leadership annual giving direct mail program, including strategic direction and analysis, database management, list segmentation and queries, drafting and customizing donor solicitations, mail merges and distribution, and stewardship.
- Facilitate weekly donor acknowledgments and pledge reminders, monthly financial reporting, year-end tax receipts, and other gift documentation as needed.
- Record in the database all donor records and contacts, mailings, gift agreements, acknowledgments, benefits, and prospect research. Ensure data integrity, accuracy and timeliness.
- Conduct grant and prospect research.
- Assist in donor relations with regard to communications, queries, and follow-up.
- Assist in planning and managing donor fundraising and cultivation events statewide, including sponsorship solicitations, event logistics, and silent auctions.
- Ensure appropriate donor recognition and stewardship on all platforms, including print and on-air donor recognition.
- Assist with Commonwealth Fund for KET initiatives statewide, including on-air fundraising drives, gala fundraisers, premieres, and family activities.
- Assist all Commonwealth Fund for KET staff and volunteers with technical support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and qualifications
- Must have excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills, and demonstrate professionalism.
- Must be highly organized and able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and database management skills
- Ability to be flexible and work occasional nights and weekends
- Experience in customer service and/or non-profit fundraising preferred.
Send state application, cover letter, resume and writing samples to Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Dr., Lexington, KY 40502, or e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 859-258-7766.
Position will remain open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.