KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation.
The Commonwealth Fund for KET, the fund-raising arm of Kentucky Educational Television, has the following job opening at its Network Center in Lexington, Ky.:
Director, Corporate Development
President, Commonwealth Fund for KET
Plan and direct all aspects of a comprehensive fundraising program designed to ensure sustainable revenue from the business sector for KET programs, services, and campaigns. Includes building partner relationships and advancing KET’s mission.
- Create, execute, and evaluate fundraising strategies to secure and grow on-air, digital, event, education, and community sponsorships from corporate partners.
- Understand KET’s vision, programs, and services in order to align needs with funding opportunities, and to communicate/articulate a case for support.
- Secure new, rejoin, renew, and upgrade corporate partners, with an emphasis on regional, state, and national companies, foundations, non-profits, government entities, and advertising agencies.
- Track and meet monthly revenue goals, expense budgets, and contact metrices. Provide detailed monthly reports with data analysis, interpretation, and next steps. Accountability based on fund raising achievement.
- Manage a portfolio of current partners and prospects as well as designated accounts for leadership.
- Supervise a team of Corporate Development Officers in their scope of work as described herein.
- Using all available resources, gather and research leads to identify viable donor prospects with the interests, giving capacity, and relationships that align with KET.
- Strengthen partner relationships from cold calls, cultivation, solicitation, closing the gift to stewardship.
- Write, design, and present funding proposals using available resources and multiple platforms.
- Ensure records of contacts, acknowledgments, and research are up-to-date in database and file systems.
- For program partners receiving on-air acknowledgment credit, facilitate production and traffic processes in coordination with KET staff.
- Refine sponsorship benefits and work with KET staff to ensure appropriate donor recognition on all platforms.
- Support three Commonwealth Fund boards of directors in corporate solicitations by members and other board initiatives.
- In addition to securing sponsorships, assist with statewide events as needed, including committee and volunteer management.
- Working closely with KET staff, help reinforce a culture of philanthropy to advance the common goals of the Fund and KET.
- Serve as an ambassador and advocate for KET’s programs and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Meet annual financial goals
- Meet specified number of contacts, statewide visits, solicitations, and follow-up
- Maintain up-to-date records of activity and research
- Work products are completed accurately and by deadline
- Maintain positive and collaborative working relationship with Commonwealth Fund and KET staff and boards
- Demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts, grants, and sponsorships
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency and database management skills
- Self-supporting administrative, marketing, and office skills
- Leadership and supervisory experience preferred
- Travel and extended work hours expected
- Primary job site: Lexington, Ky.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and qualifications, plus a minimum of three years of experience in fundraising, media sales, or a related field
- Salary commensurate with qualifications; non-commissionable
Please send state application, cover letter, resume, and writing samples to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to email@example.com, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position will remain open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.