KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at the Network Center in Lexington:
JOB TITLE: Director of Human Resources
REPORTS TO:Senior Director of Policy & Compliance
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for all areas of Human Resource administration including employee relations, management and professional development, training, recruiting, employee benefits, and payroll administration; and directs all aspects of Human Resources in such a manner as to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees and in compliance with all policies and regulations.
- Helping to create and maintain a positive work environment and culture that fosters and motivates performance, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Serving as the primary resource to all employees regarding employment related matters.
Directing recruitment, orientation, retention and training activities.
- Managing the administration of employee benefit programs and payroll processes.
- Maintaining documentation and record-keeping for regulatory compliance.
- Promoting and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce, environment, and culture.
- Preferred candidates will possess post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
- At least 5 years of experience leading and directing Human Resources for a company, organization, or agency of 100+ employees.
- Functional expertise and experience in all areas of human resources and management, including recruiting, employee relations, mediation, organizational development, payroll, benefits, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Ability to anticipate internal or external challenges and/or opportunities to foster positive employee relations and productivity, and to assure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Ability to mediate and/or direct the resolution of complex or unusual issues.
- Possess the highest level of ethical behavior, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to provide counseling, coaching, and mediation, as well as making presentations and providing training.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to provide reports and analyze data/trends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with state government and public broadcasting.
SALARY: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
CONTACT: Please send KET application (found at www.ket.org/careers-internships,
cover letter and resume to: Employment & Recruiting at KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington,
KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.