KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time job opening at the Network Center in Lexington:
Early Childhood Education Consultant
Reports To: Director, Early Childhood Education
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate workshops and trainings in effective use of KET early childhood and PBS Ready to Learn resources.
- Develop, provide, and evaluate a variety of KET early childhood outreach events and family engagement activities.
- Develop, write, and edit content for KET early childhood newsletters, websites, brochures, and other publications and materials.
- Coordinate production of KET early childhood online courses in collaboration with KET early childhood and education tech staff, including developing course content, creating course shells, uploading content, registering/assisting users, and evaluating courses.
- Coordinate the development, production, and dissemination of KET early childhood online resources for PBS LearningMedia and other education repositories, including assisting the Education Division’s Instructional Media Coordinator in uploading, providing contextual materials, tagging, and captioning these resources.
- Document and evaluate activities, provide required reports, and interface with ECE-TRIS as needed (e.g., entering registration data for ECE workshops/trainings, printing out certificates, and ensuring that participants get appropriate credit for their participation).
- Attend appropriate ECE and Education staff and project meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, family studies, literacy, adult education, or related field plus minimum of three years’ experience working in early childhood (birth – 5 years) environments or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Skilled in presenting dynamic workshops for parents, families, child-care providers, and early childhood educators; Kentucky Early Childhood Trainer’s Credential required, Level 3 or above strongly preferred
- Knowledge of early childhood development, family literacy, and community outreach
- Experience with instructional design and media preferred
- Excellent communication, collaborative, and organizational skills
- Travel and a Kentucky driver’s license required.
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Contact: Send state application, cover letter and resume to Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502; e-mail to email@example.com; or fax to 859-258-7765. Position will remain open until filled. Equal Opportunity Employer