Kentucky Educational Television has the following full-time job opening at the KET Network Center in Lexington, Ky.:
Education Content Specialist
Director, Arts and Special Projects
- Write, edit, or proof instructional resources. Proof content in PBS LearningMedia, KET’s online repository.
- Write, edit, and proof materials for printing/publication/release (blogs, newsletters, printed collateral, etc). Review and assist with the writing of department news releases.
- Communicate, in writing and orally, reports and evaluation findings in formats suitable for internal and external audiences including project staff, partners, funders, and other stakeholders. Oversee the timely completion and dissemination of such reports to meet compliance requirements.
- Research usage and impact of KET resources (create and conduct surveys, interview users, etc.) and prepare reports. Research needs of Kentucky classrooms related to KET’s education content and services.
- Write KET’s Education newsletters.
- Oversee the ongoing development and improvement of the Education Division’s Web presence in collaboration with Education staff; oversee KET’s Education social media presence in coordination with the CRM Coordinator and Instructional Resource Services.
- Research to collaboratively write grant applications for instructional projects and oversee budget, implementation, and evaluation of funded projects.
- Work collaboratively with various KET departments, such as communications, to extract data allowing KET to communicate the effectiveness of its education initiatives and resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree plus three years of professional-level experience in writing, communications, or related educational field is required. A master’s degree may substitute for up to a year of required experience.
In addition, a strong candidate will possess the following skills:
- Excellent writing and editing
- Experience writing and editing a variety of materials for various audiences. Experience writing for educators is a plus.
- Marketing or promotion experience is a plus.
- Experience with data analysis and Photoshop/In Design is a plus.
- Strategic and analytical thinking with the ability to utilize findings for recommendations for improvement
- Excellent interpersonal, research, writing, communication, collaborative, and leadership skills.
Dependent on qualifications and experience
Please send state application, cover letter, and resume to be received no later than May 29, 2017, to Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Dr., Lexington, KY 40502, or e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 859-258-7765.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.