>>Back to Careers and Internships home | >> State/KET Application Word doc to download
KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening in Lexington:
KET Production Manager
- Assist producers, directors, videographers, and audio techs in securing gear for various field productions. Ensure equipment is in proper working order, coordinating and communicating with engineering team regarding scheduling maintenance and upkeep. Make sure production gear is stored properly. Oversee studio organization and readiness.
- Keep and maintain accurate inventory of audio and video field equipment. Perform annual inventory audit of gear.
- Operate professional studio and field cameras for live and recorded productions. Proficiently use camera settings, filters, and lenses in field production.
- Work with the Production Manager and Directors on the studio lighting dimmers system and assist in hanging and focusing studio lighting instruments as needed.
- Perform as liaison between Production Operations, Technology, and Finance and Administration offices.
- Fill out purchase orders and other paperwork for audio/video equipment purchases.
- Keep current on latest production equipment and recommend future purchases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting with at least three years of professional experience in broadcast production and videography; or the equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- Technical experience in digital video production, specifically with professional HD cameras, audio, grip, and lighting equipment is required.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment in an efficient, creative, and positive manner.
- Experience with various camera platforms (Steadicam, jib, slider, etc.) is preferred.
- Strong communications and professional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be available to work on a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to carry equipment (up to 40lbs).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience
Please send state/KET application, cover letter, and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7766.
Position open until filled.
KET is an equal opportunity employer.