KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at the Network Center in Lexington:
JOB TITLE: Facilities Technician
REPORTS TO: Facilities Coordinator
- Perform facility/physical plant maintenance and improvements at the Lexington Network Center, Frankfort, and Louisville locations.
- Under direction of the Facilities Coordinator, maintain HVAC, mechanical, security, and safety systems and address alarms and problems. Assist with HVAC maintenance & repair, including coordination of preventive maintenance schedules for all systems. Assist with generator testing and preventive maintenance schedules. Help maintain records, schedules, and associated files for all systems.
- Under direction of the Facilities Coordinator, assist with plumbing and electrical issues, including adds, moves, and changes; building construction, such as: drywall installation and finish, framing, painting, floor tile installation, and suspended ceiling installation; perform office moves.
- Assist in event setup, monitoring, and tear-down.
- Assist with the monitoring of facilities and apply best practices to ensure efficiency, continuous improvement, and innovation.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Professional dress required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma/GED with at least five years’ related experience. General knowledge of industrial plumbing, electrical, safety, security, mechanical, and HVAC systems, as well as these systems’ associated computer-based user interfaces.
- Experience in building construction and renovation.
- General knowledge of OSHA standards, and state and local building codes.
- Physical activity is required including climbing ladders, handling of average-weight objects up to 70 pounds, and standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for occasional weekend and overnight work.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance always.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
SALARY: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
CONTACT:Please send KET application, cover letter, and resume to: Employment & Recruiting at KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to email@example.com, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.