KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time job opening at the Network Center in Lexington:
Human Resources Coordinator
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for duties related to recruiting, orientation, training, and safety programs for KET employees.
- Administers recruitment process including obtaining internal approvals, posting open positions, and corresponding with hiring managers and applicants.
- Maintains data in applicant tracking software.
- Prepares recruiting reports related to federal and state regulations.
- Attends recruiting events as necessary.
- Maintains employee training records in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Oversees in house training program through third party vendor.
- Assists employees with training requests.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire orientation.
- Oversees safety program including training and policy administration.
- Maintains OSHA records and administers workers’ compensation.
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Acts as backup for semi monthly payroll processing and reconciling benefits invoices.
- Assists employees with pay and benefits questions.
- Maintains employee records from application through hiring process.
- Works with HR department to arrange staff events to enhance a positive work culture.
- Oversees records retention for department.
- Reception back up.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED
Preferred candidates will possess post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Familiarity with state government and public broadcasting preferred.
Functional knowledge and understanding of payroll, benefit administration and general labor laws and regulations.
SALARY: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
CONTACT: Please send KET application (found at www.ket.org/careers-internships), cover letter and resume to: Employment & Recruiting at KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765. EOE
Position open until filled.