Director of Information Technology
- Effectively support installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of KET systems. This encompasses hardware, software, and all related infrastructure components. This includes but is not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, cabling, VPNs, KVMs, VLANs as well as interfaces to the internet, servers, video streams, and other agency networks.
- Carefully monitor all KET IT systems for proper operation, security, backups, and software versioning and licensing.
- Act as a liaison with the Broadcast Network Administrator and the KET Web Director to enhance and promote network efficiencies and to troubleshoot and solve system issues quickly.
- Work with Web Team Personnel to assist in resolving immediate issues, improve processes, and handle security issues.
- Assist in maintaining detailed records of all IT network related documentation, including IT maintenance records, passwords, IP Address, standard operating practices, security requirements and documentation, cabling, software releases and updates, with a very strong emphasis on attention to detail.
- Provide applications and end-user support for agency personnel utilizing the Spice works Helpdesk, and Microsoft SCCM. Analyze workflows, establish priorities, and develop standards; assist in managing the agency’s user accounts, email system, shared file system, network security systems, and backup systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Network Administration or closely related degree with at least 4 years of hands-on IT network administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience that can be readily deployed in supporting VMWare, Hyper-V, Microsoft Servers, Office 365 and its components, Avaya and Dell switches, Veeam Backup Systems, Windows Active Directory, and Linux; and a full understanding and knowledge of IP networking including IP phone systems.
- Desired Skills: PHP, Apache, NginX, WordPress CMS
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure in an efficient, creative and positive manner
- Must have strong computer, writing, oral communications, and professional interpersonal skills.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel, maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times, and possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send state application, cover letter, and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.