KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at the Network Center in Lexington.
JOB TITLE: IT Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering and Information Technology
- Manage Information Technology systems and staff to deliver robust, reliable, and redundant networked operations for KET’s broadcast, business, and online services, providing excellent user experiences and greater organizational impact.
- Manage and plan network infrastructure, including design, operations, and maintenance of on-site and cloud software and hardware system deployments for broadcast, business, online, and external systems. Ensure that technology solutions align with organizational objectives, industry standards, technology resources, and applicable statutes and regulations.
- Support VMWare, Hyper-V, Microsoft Active Directory, MS Servers, Office 365 and its components, Network switches, IDS Systems, Veeam Back-up Systems, cloud-based infrastructure, website servers and infrastructure systems, IT systems within the KET broadcast network, and IP Networking (including IP phone systems).
- Manage network and desktop security to help mitigate breaches, viruses, malware and other intrusions. Lead IT staff in network security, monitoring, and troubleshooting to evaluate and resolve complex issues. Be accessible 24 x 7 x 365 to respond to and solve escalated incidents.
- Oversee IT staff, including scheduling, coaching, development, and support to achieve success in alignment with industry standards and organizational objectives.
- Develop and maintain detailed records of IT deployments, hardware refreshes, maintenance, IP addressing, standard operating procedures, system documentation, passwords, software releases, and IT policies.
- Oversee end-user deployment, support, and training for PC and Mac (desktop, laptop, tablet, and mobile) devices. Manage help desk workflow and staff to solve internal user issues.
- Manage domain registrations.
- Monitor industry best practices, to ensure continuous improvement and innovation.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Professional dress required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Network Administration, or a relevant field, with 7+ years of hands-on experience in IT System/Network Administration; or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Expertise in the management of VMware, Active Directory, Microsoft Server and Office products, cloud services, SaaS, and website server and infrastructure systems.
- Ability to collaborate internally to identify, prioritize, and deliver on strategic goals.
- Ability to establish an independent view, lead decision-making processes, and motivate others, especially during complex and challenging situations.
- Strong organizational, writing, and verbal skills – along with effective, professional interpersonal communications capacities for the technical and non-technical – are required.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance always.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send KET application, cover letter and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.