KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time job opening at the Network Center in Lexington:
KET Staff Accountant
Reports To: KET Assistant Director, Finance
Position Purpose: Lead accounting process for the KET Fund and Foundation
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements for the Fund.
- Provide back-up support to ensure Foundation financial statements are prepared in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for recording investment activity and preparing investment reports for the Fund.
- Oversee Foundation accounts receivable – close month end and prepare monthly reports. Assist with grant deposits and receivables.
- Complete Fund portion of audit work papers, CPB reports, 990 tax return and 1099’s.
- Review and provide initial approval for all Foundation and Fund contracts, agreements and releases. Ensure proper documentation and approvals accompany all before obtaining final approvals.
- Manage renewal process related to Foundation and Fund insurance policies.
- Monitor daily accounting activity for the fund. Identify, research and make recommendations regarding unusual activity.
- Track and reconcile cash balance for the Foundation and the Fund.
- Process credit card payments and receipts. Investigate and reconcile transactions to approved expenditures.
- Maintain and report on the underwriting revenue schedule for the Fund.
- Remit Sales Tax for the Foundation and the Fund. Investigate reports in all states.
- Analyze risk and audit sales transactions to ensure compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must have professional communication and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access required. Knowledge of eMARS accounting system and QuickBooks a plus. Knowledge of KET and public broadcasting industry a plus.
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
cover letter and resume to: Employment & Recruiting at KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765. EOE
Position open until filled.