KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at the Network Center in Lexington:
JOB TITLE: Magazine Editor & Senior Publicist
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
- Coordinate and manage all editorial, design, and printing stages of Visions magazine, KET’s monthly membership magazine and program guide. Duties include, among others:
*Content creation, including writing and editing short- and long-form pieces for the magazine. Long-form pieces typically include cover story and a profile piece. The profile piece involves travel across Kentucky to conduct interviews for print, online, and on-air purposes.
*Content planning based on knowledge of monthly TV schedule and understanding priorities.
*Collaborating with Design department on layout and printing.
*Collaborating with Fundraising, Education, and other departments to develop coordinated marketing of projects/events/initiatives.
- Work with KET’s publicist, director of marketing and communications, sr. director of external affairs and others on growing KET’s public relations efforts.
- Develop PR plans for short-term and long-term projects, including television programs, initiatives, and events. Strong understanding of PR and media relations methods, such as targeted press releases, bloggers, social media, email, events, and more.
- Professional dress required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related discipline; and 3+ years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Exceptional creative writing and copyediting skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Proficient interviewing skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner internally to identify, prioritize, and deliver on objectives
- Public broadcasting and/or marketing experience preferred
SALARY: Dependent on qualifications and experience.
CONTACT: Please send KET application, cover letter and resume to: Employment & Recruiting at KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.