>>Back to Careers and Internships home | >> Download the State Application (Word doc)
KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. The Commonwealth Fund for KET, the fundraising unit of Kentucky Educational Television, has the following job opening at its Network Center in Lexington, Ky.:
Membership Coordinator – Gift Receiving
Director of Membership
The Membership Coordinator assists in managing the financial requirements and day-to-day processing of 45,000 donations to KET. Confidentiality, accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness are important aspects of this position, as well as excellent organizational, database management, customer service, and communication skills.
- Record all donations into the fundraising software database, including checks, credit cards, online gifts, automatic monthly donations, and corporate matching grants. Requires knowledge of fundraising campaigns and donation cycles, plus sound judgment.
- Maintain up-to-date credit card and electronic account information for new or converting monthly sustaining donors.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for banking centers, credit processors, and other financial partners.
- Works closely with the KET Business Office to provide all reports and documentation needed for month-end close and auditors for year-end financial statements.
- Research and resolve all donor financial issues as needed.
- Assist with Commonwealth Fund for KET events statewide, including on-air fundraising drives, gala fundraisers, premieres, and family activities.
- Assist all Commonwealth Fund for KET staff and volunteers with technical support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- All donations, donor data, and acknowledgments are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Donors receive prompt and courteous assistance with all questions or concerns.
- Credit card and electronic bank account information is up-to-date.
- Documentation is provided and reconciled with the Business Office/auditors on deadline.
- Interact effectively with donors, staff, vendor partners, and volunteers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The list below represents the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must be professional, reliable, highly organized and able to perform multiple tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Numeracy, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and database management skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to be flexible and work occasional nights and weekends.
- Experience in customer service and/or non-profit fundraising.
- A team player who is self-motivated and can also work autonomously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or equivalent combination of education and qualifications preferred.
Send state application, cover letter, resume, and writing samples to Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Dr., Lexington, KY 40502, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 859-258-7766.
Position will remain open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.