KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation.
KET has the following full-time position opening at the Network Center in Lexington:
Managing Producer of Public Affairs
KET seeks an experienced, on-camera Host-reporter/Producer for public affairs and other programs.
- Serve as on-camera moderator, host, or reporter and/or as producer on assigned productions.
- Research and produce mission-based productions, segments, and other content for broadcast, online, and social media.
- Must have experience with and maintain standards of journalistic and editorial integrity.
- Requires the ability to write, edit, and proof scripts and narration, utilize prompter, and ad lib as necessary.
- Duties include studio and field production, voice-work, and other assignments.
- Conduct production research, including pre-interviews and meetings with content experts.
- Create detailed offline, non-linear edit lists; oversee online finish-edit sessions and all aspects of post-production including: graphics, audio post, and formatting program content for broadcast, online, and social media distribution, and digital archiving.
- Effectively lead and direct associate producers, videographers, and other production and post-production personnel during assigned projects.
- Make public appearances representing KET as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 5-7 years of television production, including demonstrated experience as an on-camera host/reporter and producer of studio-based programs, and/or field productions, and/or documentary productions for local or national broadcast are required. Practical, professional-level experience in television may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
- On-camera anchor and/or reporting experience is required.
- Knowledge of all phases of television production is required.
- Background in journalism, political science and/or public policy is required; knowledge and interest in Kentucky politics, history and culture preferred.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong writing, oral communications, interpersonal, and computer skills, including non-linear editing.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience
Please send state application, cover letter, and resume to:
- Employment & Recruiting
600 Cooper Dr.
Lexington, KY 40502
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via Fax: (859) 258-7765
Position open until filled.
KET is an equal opportunity employer.