Senior Director of Production Operations
- Oversee and coordinate the creative, technical, and logistical elements of assigned productions within designated deadlines and budgets. Demonstrate deep understanding of storytelling techniques and have an innovative approach to production and post production.
- Direct crews and talent during location and studio-based productions, for live and live-to-record, multi-camera productions and electronic field productions. Effectively lead, coach, and mentor associate producers, directors, and other production and post-production personnel during assigned productions. Oversee the scheduling of travel and accommodations for crew and talent on assigned productions.
- Research and write production proposals; write, review, and edit production scripts; and conduct pre-production meetings with content experts and technical crews. Oversee lighting and technical set ups. Operate studio and field cameras, switcher,s and other production equipment as required. Create accurate and detailed offline, non-linear rough cuts in a timely and efficient manner. Oversees finish-edit sessions and all aspects of post-production, including graphics creation, audio post, DVD authoring, Web and social media posting, and digital archiving.
- Perform production tasks including: research, timing segments, logging tapes, obtaining releases, keeping continuity notes, booking guests and travel, following scripts, and proofreading character generator text. Prepare and maintain records necessary for the production personnel and facilities requests for broadcast, including budgets, rights and talent contracts, music and video cue sheets, equipment maintenance records, copyright information and operational records and reports. Casts talent and negotiates fees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or a related field of study plus five (5) years of television production experience, including proven experience as lead producer/director of studio-based and/or documentary productions for local or national broadcast required. Practical experience in broadcast production may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Directing experience within a multiple-camera environment, including the setup of cameras, lighting, video switchers, etc. and proficiency with AVID non-linear editing.
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, in an environment of multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Must have strong computer use, broadcast writing, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and interest in Kentucky politics, history, and culture preferred
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekends and overnight travel. Must be able to carry production equipment (up to 40lbs).
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience
Please send state application, cover letter and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an equal opportunity employer.