>>Back to Careers and Internships home | >> State/KET Application Word doc to download
KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening in Lexington:
Reports To: Managing Producer/Host, Public Affairs
- Assist producers and associate producers with research and content development; helping to create and organize pre-production notes, making copies of scripts; assist scheduling location scouts and scouting locations.
- Make travel arrangements for producers or associate producers, crew and talent; helping to organize crew members and talent; helping to prepare sets and studios for guests. Greet guests and provide for their needs; prepare prompter scripts and run teleprompter; following and lining scripts; assists maintaining continuity on sets; and posting pictures and video on social media platforms.
- Shoot and edit video as assigned. Assist in the set-up and striking of production equipment including: cameras, cable runs, and camera platforms. Log footage; participate in basic video editing; write transcripts; help organize and archive media files; post video segments and other content on KET.org and social media platforms.
- Help with edit, graphics, and audio sessions; maintaining appropriate records and paperwork necessary for productions, broadcasts, Web use, air rights, copyright information and contacts for talent and services.
- Performs other production related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, political science, communications or other related field plus one (1) years of television production experience. Practical experience in broadcast production may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Knowledge and interest in Kentucky politics, history, and culture preferred.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, in an environment of multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Non-linear video editing experience is required.
- Must have strong computer use, broadcast writing, and communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel.
- Must be able to carry production equipment (up to 40lbs).
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send KET/state application, cover letter, and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7766.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.