- Assists producers and associate producers with research and content development; helps create and organize pre-production notes, makes copies of scripts; assists scheduling location scouts and scouting locations.
- Makes travel arrangements for producers or associate producers, crew and talent; helps to organize crew members and talent; assists preparing sets and studios for guests.
- Operates professional studio cameras for live and recorded productions.
- Logs footage; participates in basic video editing; writes transcripts; helps organize and archive media files; posts video segments and other content on KET.org and social media platforms.
- Acts as a grip and lighting assistant as assigned.
- Assists in the set-up and striking of production equipment including: cameras, cable runs, and camera platforms.
- The PA will help with edit, graphics, and audio sessions; maintaining appropriate records and paperwork necessary for productions, broadcasts, Web use, air rights, copyright information and contacts for talent and services.
- Performs other production related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus one (1) year of professional television production and post-production experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, in an environment of multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Non-linear video editing experience is required. Must have strong computer use, broadcast writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and interest in the arts and Kentucky history and culture preferred.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel.
- Must be able to carry production equipment (up to 40lbs). Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send state application, cover letter, and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to email@example.com, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.