KET Division/Work Location
Public Affairs division within Production Department
KET Network Center
This unpaid internship is available for the summer term only. Junior-, senior-, and graduate-level students attending any college or university in Kentucky and the southern Indiana region; and Kentucky residents attending a college or university out of state may apply.
10 hours per week (approximately 150 hours per semester) are required, although special arrangements may be made when school requirements differ.
The internship program may be customized to fit the student’s coursework, experience, and learning goals. Depending on current skills and desired career goals, the intern may be responsible for:
The intern will perform and assist in various broadcast production-related duties within the public affairs department, including:
- Researching and contacting guests
- Assisting with on-air promotion production
- Assisting associate producers in tending to show guests
- Running teleprompter during taped broadcast productions
- Logging and transcribing video and interviews
- Assisting in camera operation and editing
- Assisting in social media promotion of programs
- Assisting in the production of broadcasts and programs outside of the Public Affairs division when necessary
- Basic videography and editing skills required
- Proficiency with uploading video content onto social media platforms preferred
- Experience with Word, Outlook, Google Doc and Excel preferred
Interested? Fill out our online internship application form.
Human Resources Manager
600 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40502-2296
FAX (859) 258-7766