>>Back to Careers and Internships home | >> Download the KET/State Application (Word doc)
KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at its Lexington Network Center:
Traffic and Interstitial Specialist II
Traffic Scheduling Manager
- Create daily program logs for multiple KET program channels, with primary duties for KET 1, KET KIDS, and KET World.
- Schedule interstitials for daily program logs as assigned utilizing the Myers ProTrack scheduling system; ensuring break guidelines are followed and spots are scheduled accurately.
- Implement on-air priorities as designated by the Director of Communications, ensuring that priority spots are in every break.
- Monitor breaks to ensure appropriate and effective institutional spot content and messaging. Knowledge and understanding of particular audience groups and demographics are important to enhance KET’s marketing initiatives and on-air strategic communications. Monitor breaks to be familiar with institutional spot content and messaging.
- Schedule pledge breaks within daily logs during fundraising drives, including inserting phone key information and ensuring correct program versions, etc.
- Cross-check interstitial logs for alternate channels.
- Fill in for Traffic Specialist I as needed.
- Review and finalize program logs and route to appropriate people.
- Handle and supervise all viewer services activities, including DVD retail orders and Reaction Line initiatives. Work with the Chief Content Officer to insure timely and appropriate notification of those initiatives.
- Answer Program Department phones and offer assistance to callers; write and deliver, in a timely manner, accurate phone messages. Respond to viewer questions in a prompt and courteous manner and forward requests to appropriate staff. Check e-mail throughout the day and respond in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- This position requires a keen attention to detail and acumen for accuracy. An ability to consistently meet daily deadlines is crucial.
- Must be able to work within a collaborative environment, with good interpersonal skills that effectively represent the Programming Department to the public.
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Send KET/state application, cover letter, and resume to Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an equal opportunity employer.