Director of Production Operations
- Operates studio and field cameras for live and recorded productions. and video editing equipment. Proficiently uses filters and lenses in field production to achieve the appropriate look for whatever the situation or producer/director calls for.
- Assists in assembling, striking, and storing studio sets. Assists in the set-up and striking of production-truck equipment including: cameras, cable runs, and camera platforms.
- Experience with various camera platforms (Steadicam, jib, slider etc.) is preferred but not required.
- Operates Avid Interplay, Non-Linear, editing systems to create high quality programs for broadcast and web based on-line content. Must be able to create rough edits in a timely manner.
- Working under the direction of Producers, Associate Producers, and Directors, the Editor will provide editing services that will enhance programs visually, and will tell stories in a clear, effective, and creative manner.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting with at least (2) two years of professional experience in both videography and editing. Must be able to work in a deadline driven environment in an efficient, creative and positive manner. Practical experience in videography may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis. Experience with professional HD video field cameras is required. Experience with studio build-up cameras is preferred. Strong visual storytelling/editing skills are essential. Working in an Avid Interplay environment is highly preferred. Must have strong communications and professional interpersonal skills. Must be available on a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and overnight travel. Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times. Must be able to carry production equipment (up to 40lbs). Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience
Please send state application, cover letter, and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to email@example.com, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an equal opportunity employer.