KET is Kentucky’s only statewide media organization, serving more than one million people each week with programs and services that educate, inform, and inspire. In addition to broadcasting PBS programming, KET produces a variety of award-winning local productions. KET also creates and provides highly regarded instructional resources, reaching students and educators throughout Kentucky and the nation. KET has the following full-time position opening at the Network Center in Lexington.
JOB TITLE:Web Developer
REPORTS TO:Director of Digital Product Development
- Develop and maintain Web-based software systems. Integration of third-party APIs and platforms. Responsible for KET-owned application system software and administration of digital platforms.
- Create and maintain custom code for the management and support of KET’s digital ecosystem, including, but not limited to, responsive websites, mobile applications, and multimedia delivery mechanisms.
- Maintain an expert level of skill in sophisticated web technologies to provide high-quality, standards-compliant programming work for KET’s digital properties.
- Understand and follow W3C best practices and compliance standards for digital design and development.
- Learn and administer third-party systems that interface with KET’s digital properties.
- Maintain strict brand guidelines and the KET aesthetic in all work.
- Communicate effectively with staff members in other departments to share progress on joint projects and utilize project management software per the requirements of the Project Lead.
- Support and solve issues in the absence of the Director of Digital Product Development.
- Collaborate with staff members within the Digital and Marketing Divisions, and throughout KET, to share knowledge and deploy resources effectively.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Professional dress required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and 3+ years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive experience with WordPress and WordPress plugin development required.
- Experience programming around video content and streaming media required.
- Experience integrating third-party APIs required.
- Firm understanding of software development fundamentals, industry standard tools and best practices.
- Firm understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products desired.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance always.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send KET application, cover letter and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7765.
Position open until filled.
KET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.