KET Division/Work Location
Digital Product Development
KET Network Center
This unpaid internship is available year-round. One intern is needed each semester. Junior-, senior-, and graduate-level students attending any college or university in Kentucky and the southern Indiana region; and Kentucky residents attending a college or university out of state may apply.
10 hours per week (approximately 150 hours per semester) are required, although special arrangements may be made when school requirements differ.
The internship program may be customized to fit the student’s coursework, experience, and learning goals. Depending on current skills and desired career goals, the intern may be responsible for:
- Categorizing video content to optimize viewer interest engine data
- Writing HTML/CSS in the form of Web pages, emails, and other digital content
- Migrating content from legacy systems into newer systems
- Performing search engine optimization on online content based on professional SEO tool recommendations
- Writing and optimizing code in a WordPress/PHP environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office required
- Front-end, back-end, or database development coursework or experience
- WordPress experience a plus
- Ability to self-manage and work well in a team-oriented environment
Interested? Fill out our online internship application form.
600 Cooper Drive
Lexington, KY 40502-2296
FAX (859) 258-7766