KET Pandemic Coverage
A collection of programs and articles produced by KET during the pandemic.
Trusted experts share the latest information about the coronavirus and answer questions.
Kentucky Tonight episodes focused on the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Kentucky’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Health, Legal and Voting Issues During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Reopening Kentucky’s Economy
- COVID-19 Impact on Primary Voting and Local Governments
- Debating Steps to Reopen the Economy
- Reopening Rules for Restaurants and Retail
- Reopening Kentucky Schools
- COVID-19’s Impact on Higher Education in Kentucky
- COVID-19’s Impact Kentucky Tourism
- Challenges and Benefits of Remote Learning in Kentucky
- Special Education, Student Mental Health and COVID-19
- COVID-19’s Impact on Kentucky’s Health Care System
- Reopening Kentucky Classrooms During a Coronavirus Surge
Coronavirus: A Kentucky Update
Dr. Wayne Tuckson provides updates on coronavirus disease 2019, also known as COVID-19, in Kentucky.
- What Kentuckians Can Do to Stop the Spread of COVID-19
- Help with Unemployment and Public Health Advice
- Preparing for the COVID-19 Surge and Viewer Questions
- Accessing Kentucky’s Benefits and Viewer Questions
- The Need for Testing and Helping Food Banks
- Kentucky’s Path to Reopening and Mental Health Assistance
- Health Care in the COVID-19 Era and a Testing Update
- COVID-19’s Impact on Long-Term Care Facilities
- Phases for Reopening and Rural Patients’ Needs
- Hot Spots, COVID-19’s Impact on Teens, and Recovery Stories
- Tracking Cases, Mental Health, and More Stories of Recovery
Renee Shaw and guests discuss COVID-19. Guests: Mark Dougherty, M.D., infectious disease specialist at Baptist Health Lexington; Fadi Al Akhrass, M.D., medical director of infectious disease & infection prevention at Pikeville Medical Center; Ilhem Messaoudi, Ph.D., University of Kentucky College of Medicine researcher; and Jon Klein, M.D., vice dean of research at the University of Louisville.
Bill Bryant and journalists discuss the news of the week, including an important endorsement from former President Donald Trump in the Republican primary race for governor and a rise in COVID-19 cases. Guests: Austin Horn, Lexington Herald-Leader; Melissa Patrick, Kentucky Health News; and Mark Vanderhoff, WLKY in Louisville.
Bill Bryant and journalists discuss news from around the commonwealth, including a campaign ad receiving national attention from U.S. Senate candidate Charles Booker and political buzz around the 2023 race for governor. Guests: Alex Acquisto, Lexington Herald-Leader; Ryland Barton, Kentucky Public Radio; and Jess Clark, WFPL in Louisville.