Welcome to KET School Video Project
Features of the new KET School Video Project website include:
- A unique YouTube-like “channel” for your school or organization. You can customize the look of your channel with a title, a background picture, and your school colors.
- Upload and share video, audio, and document files. Pass-on helpful tutorials and classroom resources or examples of student-made video background music.
- Upload from mobile devices such as iPads and smartphones.
- Save playlists and favorite user channels.
- Communicate with other users within the site to exchange multimedia production information and ideas.
KET School Video Project Challenges – Upload and Win Free Gear!
KET regularly offers special video challenge projects throughout the year. Curriculum-focused, they end in a prize drawing for free video production equipment. Our last project was the KET School Video Project Challenge: Election 2016. Our winner of the prize drawing on Nov. 21 for a free greenscreen/lighting kit was T.K. Stone Middle School, Elizabethtown Independent Schools! Angela Rucker, Library Media Specialist, uploaded her students’ video entry, Mock Debate 2016.
KET’s current KET School Video Project Challenge is My Kentucky Home, a call for student-produced documentary-style videos about student hometowns and what’s special about them. Kentucky public, private, and homeschools are eligible to participate.
NEW: Monthly Prize Drawings for Free Gear!
Beginning in 2017, KET will hold monthly prize drawings for free video production gear! Kentucky public, private, and homeschools who upload example student-produced videos for sharing on the KET School Video Project website will be eligible. Our first monthly prize drawing for January, 2017, will be held on Wednesday, February 1. Upload a student-produced video from your school for a chance to win free video production gear!
January Drawing Prize
A Shure PG48 Microphone w/15′ XLR-XLR cable or similar item.
Congratulations to January’s prize drawing winner:
Ms. Crystal Neal of Powell County Middle School, who uploaded the excellent Bee Documentary video of a student’s grandfather, a local beekeeper. Great work!
- Uploading more than one video per month does not increase the chance of winning (but we’d still like to see more of your videos : )
- A school may only win one monthly drawing drawing per school year (share the love).
- A school winner of a monthly video prize drawing may also win a video challenge prize drawing if the video fits a challenge topic during the same school year.
For more information contact Jeff Gray, KET Education Division, 800-432-0951 ext. 7263; 859-258-7263.