Welcome to KET School Video Project
Features of the new KET School Video Project website include:
- A unique YouTube-like “channel” for your school or organization. You can customize the look of your channel with a title, a background picture, and your school colors.
- Upload and share video, audio, and document files. Pass-on helpful tutorials and classroom resources or examples of student-made video background music.
- Upload from mobile devices such as iPads and smartphones.
- Save playlists and favorite user channels.
- Communicate with other users within the site to exchange multimedia production information and ideas.
KET School Video Project Challenges – Upload and Win Free Gear!
KET regularly offers special video challenge projects throughout the year. Curriculum-focused, they end in a prize drawing for free video production equipment.
Past project challenges include…
KET School Video Project Challenge: Election 2016. Our winner of the prize drawing on Nov. 21, 2016 for a free greenscreen/lighting kit was T.K. Stone Middle School, Elizabethtown Independent Schools! Angela Rucker, Library Media Specialist, uploaded her students’ video entry, Mock Debate 2016.
KET’s last KET School Video Project Challenge was My Kentucky Home, student-produced documentary-style videos about hometowns and what’s special about them. Kentucky public, private, and homeschools were eligible to participate. Winner of the project’s prize drawing on May 1, 2017, was Ms. Crystal Neal, Library Media Specialist at Powell County Middle School. Ms. Neal shared the excellent student-made documentary, Buzzing About Bees, about local bee farming and the importance of bees to plant pollination.
NEW: Monthly Prize Drawings for Free Gear!
KET now holds monthly prize drawings for free video production gear! Kentucky public, private, and homeschools who upload example student-produced videos for sharing on the KET School Video Project website are eligible. Our monthly prize drawing for April, 2017, was held on Monday, May 1. Upload a student-produced video from your school for a chance to win free video production gear!
NOTE: After the May prize drawing, KET will suspend monthly prize drawings for the summer and resume them beginning with a prize drawing for September to be held on Monday, October 2, 2017.
Our KET School Video Project’s Drawing Prize for May: a 6ft x 9ft greenscreen backdrop and stand by Fancierstudio.
♥Congratulations to the April prize drawing winner of a greenscreen background and stand kit: Tim Withers of Wayne County High School. Tim uploaded several videos in April. See the WCHS video channel to see examples including what Tim’s art class is making with their 3D-printer.
♥Congratulations to the March prize drawing winner of a Zomei 55″ tripod: Ms. Sherri Grant, Library Media Specialist at Webster County Middle School, who uploaded an example of her students’ WCMS News program.
♥Congratulations to February’s prize drawing winner of an iRig Voice microphone: Ms. Ashley Judd of Tyner Elementary, Jackson County Public Schools, who uploaded the charming stop-motion video, Trouble in Volcano Valley, made by her class with an iPad and the free Stop Motion Studio iOS animation app.
♥ January’s prize drawing winner of a Shure PG-48 microphone was Ms. Crystal Neal of Powell County Middle School, who uploaded the excellent Bee Documentary video of a student’s grandfather, a local beekeeper. Great work!
- Uploading more than one video per month does not increase the chance of winning (but we’d still like to see more of your videos : )
- A school may only win one monthly drawing drawing per school year (share the love).
- A school winner of a monthly video prize drawing may also win a video challenge prize drawing if the video fits a challenge topic during the same school year.
For more information contact Jeff Gray, KET Education Division, 800-432-0951 ext. 7263; 859-258-7263.